The Last Adult

I didn't feel much different when I woke up the next morning, besides the noticeable pain that spread in my thighs.

I decided to ignore it though, and tried to power through it as I went to find Piper.

The apartment was empty; no River, no Flea. But there was a sleeping Piper on the couch I'd left her on the night before.

I debated waking her for a while, or even telling her for that matter. But it's probably just a given that I have to tell her, right?

I shook her shoulders until her eyes blinked open.

"God, what the hell, Carmen." She whined. "It's like 7 in the morning."

I glanced at a nearby clock that read 11:21.

"It's 11 Piper, get up."

She turned onto her stomach and ignored me, shooing me away.

I really need to talk to someone about this, I thought.

"I did it." I told her.

Silence fell over the room for a few long seconds until she sat up, looking at me confused.

"What'd you do now?" She asked.

I didn't answer, and it started to work her up.

"What did you do? Tell me." She demanded again.

I stayed quiet and flashed her a quick silly smile. It was almost like a lightbulb went off in her head and her face dropped.

A small smirk soon formed, followed by hints of excitement.

"No," She started. "You didn't. No fucking way."

I laughed and walked to the kitchen, taking a seat at the table.

"You don't even know what I was going to say." I mocked back.

She sat in front of me and raised her eyebrows.

"Well, there's not a lot of options left. I'm not an idiot. You don't just sleep in until 11, wake me up, and than torture me for no reason." She said.

I leaned back in my chair.

"That's true. But you still don't know what I was going to say." I told her.

She shot her hands up and stood up, jokingly mad.

"Oh please, I can sense the virginity thinning in the air right now."

I put my face in my hands, trying to hold in my laughter that began to seep from my lips.

"That's not even true," I clearly lied back. Good try though.

Piper laughed and left the room, plopping back down on the couch.

"Yeah, okay C." She yelled. "You're right."

I came in and joined her on the couch, catching her attention. We smiled to each other and then she turned to me.

"I want the details." She demanded. "All of them. Come on, spill it out."

I laughed and pushed her shoulder.

"I'm not just going to give you a play-by-play of my first time." I told her.

"Why not? I gave you one for mine!" She yelled, trying to convince me.

"Okay, well I didn't ask for that." I answered.

She laughed and continued to beg until I heard a faint knock at the door.

I was about to go get it until Piper pushed me back down, smirking to me.

"I'll get it. I think you need to rest, you had a long night." She joked.

Oh great, I'm going to be getting virginity jokes for the rest of my life.

In the doorway stood Flea and River, both smiling ridiculously big at me.

I looked away; awkwardness flooding every vein in my body. I bet River told him.

Moments later, I felt Flea's hands grip my shoulders tightly.

"Well, if it isn't our last true adult!" He yelled. I heard River and Piper's faint chuckles from the distance.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, jokingly mad.

"You all acted like it was never going to happen or something." I complained, sitting back down.

"Hey, I never thought that!" River defended himself.

I just laughed and stayed quiet.

"Well, I did!" Piper yelled.