Double Trouble

A week later, we headed home.

Going back to Hollywood wasn't something that we were excited for, though. Especially because of all of the temptations that River would soon be facing.

None of us discussed River's breakdown, mainly because we didn't know what to say.

Rather, we stayed quiet and hoped that he wouldn't forget what he had told us.

-

Walking into our lonely apartment was a strange feeling; the air was colder and the room was quieter.

I felt like I hadn't been home in a long time; and it was true.

Almost two months had passed.

"Praise the Lord!" Piper yelled, throwing her bags carelessly on her bed.

From across the hall, I could hear her singing to herself in excitement.

I laughed and ignored my bags, insisting that I would unpack later. Instead, I changed into a fresh pair of jeans and headed towards the door.

"River has meetings today and I told him I'd go along." I yelled to Piper as I tied my shoes. "I'll see you later."

Before I could leave, she ran over and stopped me.

"Wait, what? You're already leaving again?" She seemed frustrated.

"Yeah," I said, though it sounded like more of a question. "Is that okay?"

She thought for a second and nodded, walking back into her room.

"Yeah, I'll just hangout with Flea or something." She told me.

And with that, I was gone.

-

I met River in front of a big building just a few blocks away from the Viper Room.

He was waiting outside with his hands stuffed deep inside his pockets and looked as if he had just woken up.

The moment he saw me, he smiled.

As I approached him, he wrapped me into a bear hug for a few seconds, and then let go.

"This shouldn't take long," he said, guiding me quickly into the building. "Only a couple of minutes. I just need to tell them I'll take the part and all of that shit they want to hear, okay?"

"Alright." I said, glancing around the open hallway. It was occupied with very fancy looking people, all dressed professionally.

Finally, we arrived at an open room with a front desk and couple of chairs scattered around like a waiting room.

"River." He introduced, nodding at the woman at the front desk.

She looked to him and shuffled through a list of different names.

Setting her finger on his name, she glanced down a hallway to the left.

"Nancy Savoca, is that right?" She wondered.

"The director, yeah." He said.