To Idaho

Piper and I accompanied River, Flea, and Keanu to the train station; the day had finally come that they would continue filming.

Upon our arrival, we met up with Gus and the street hustlers that River had interviewed the night before. Not to my surprise, Gus approached me privately.

"I'll look out for him," he told me, a hopeful gleam in his eyes. "Don't worry."

I folded my arms and looked to River who was messing around with Keanu on a bench.

"Thanks Gus. Just make sure you call me if anything,"

He cut me off.

"Nothing will." He promised, placing his hand on my shoulder.

Though I didn't believe him, I nodded and walked side by side with him as we approached them.

Quickly, River ran to me, embracing me in a bear-hug.

"I'm going to miss you." He said, sounding stressed. "But I'll be happy to get away from this bad town."

I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows at him.

"What do you mean?" I wondered.

He shrugged and looked around the room, stalling.

"Hey, why don't you just come with us?" He asked me, sending a smile to Gus.

I watched as Gus widened his eyes and shook his head, furiously.

"You've already rented my house out to all of your friends, River," Gus answered. "There isn't enough room."

River threw his arm around me and shook his head.

"There's always room for one more." He suggested confidently.

Piper and Flea turned to us and threw their hands up.

"Hey now, I didn't know this was a plus-one event. I want Piper to come, then." Flea insisted as Piper nodded.

"I'm not staying here by myself. Who would keep me sane?" She questioned.

All attention turned to Gus as he put his hand to his forehead and sighed.

"No. No way, I already told you this. There is not enough room." He repeated, clearly losing hope. "Carmen, Piper; you're lovely girls. But there is not enough room for all of us in my house."

As usual though, River wouldn't budge.

"Come on, Gus!" He yelled, slightly laughing.

I stayed quiet, not wanting to upset him and sound childish.

After multiple begs from River, Gus shook his head one final time.

"Okay," he started. "Whatever. But if you keep lending the house out to anyone who needs it, I'm not going to be happy." He said, speaking like a father to River.

"Yes sir." River and Flea said in unison, sarcastically saluting an irritated Gus.

-

Since the train left in an hour, Piper and I hurriedly gathered together everything we needed.

With 10 minutes to spare, we arrived back at the train station and took our seats.