12.0

"I never thought
I'd be jealous of the stars
But today
I read
That there are stars
Moving so fast
They can escape
The Milky Way
And I thought to myself,
How lucky I could be
To be them
To be far enough
Away from here
Burning your memories
Behind me
As I fly across
The sky."
n.r.g

I dialed her number the next day and said I was coming in at my old usual time. She promised he won't be there so I agreed.

So now a couple hours later I'm sitting in the old brown couch with Mrs. Daily sitting across from me.

"I'm sorry about everything," she said finally.

"I took your advice and wrote that letter...but it turned into more of a novel or short story," I replied.

"Can I see it?," she asked. No, not back to the questions and talking.

"It's not done I never got to write the end...actually it's not ready for an ending," I admitted.

"That's fine. Now I hear you have a new boyfriend...," her voice trailed off and I knew she was afraid to mention this.

"Yes he's working on a record deal in Chicago."

"Good for him and you. Does this mean you're singing again?"

"I was always singing but yes."

"Good."

"Good."

I was glad to finally get home. But I felt really good. I hadn't seen Austin which was good and now I can go back to Mrs. Daily anytime.

I lay on my bed and started on my homework. But instead of starting I decided to finish this.

First of all, I love you David and I hope this record of our adventures made you smile. I can't wait for more to come. I know you will come home and kiss me, sweep me of my feet. I'm ready. I'm finally free. So thank you for loving me. I miss you tons. Come back soon I'm waiting.

                           Love,
                                          Aubrey