2.0

Aubrey's P.O.V

I walked into my room and fell on my bed. I was finally done with all of my homework. I heard a knock on my bed room door.

"Aubrey? Are you in there?" my bother called.

"Yes L-Levi," I groaned throwing a pillow over my face.

"Mom said to tell you dinner is almost ready so hurry up and get your butt down stairs," Levi said in a boyish way.

I mentally groaned. I heard foot steps walking away from the door and slowly got up. I didn't feel like facing my family. I felt like going to bed. But I was starving so I headed down to the kitchen.

Everyone was at the table. My dad sat in his usual chair reading the news paper. His reading glasses lay on the end of his nose as he examined what was going on in our town. My brother  was texting someone, and blocking out the world as usual. My mom smacked the back of my bothers head and told him to put his phone away, as usual.

I sat down slowly and began to dig in to the chicken and rice my mom had made for dinner. Then my brother looked at me, "Who were you with at lunch?"

"Just a friend," I replied simply hoping he didn't press the issue.

"You don't have any friends," Levi said bluntly.

"Levi that's not nice," my mom put in.

"How did you see me anyway? You're usually with your jock buddies," I stated hoping this conversation would end soon.

"We were playing football near the cafeteria."

"Oh."

"Yeah oh, so who's the boy?"

"Oh boy friend?" my dad questioned.

I stepped right into this one. "His name is David," I said simply.

"David? I know him he's in that band called..." my brother trailed off.

I rolled my eyes, "Way Out it's called Way Out".

"Right," he sighed.

"Well I'm glad that you made a friend, Aubrey," my mom commented.

"Yeah sure whatever," Levi mumbled.

"Do you know anything else about this boy?" my dad asked Levi.

"No not really expect he's the only member in that band that hasn't been suspended once or twice," my bother shrugged.

"Oh, so his friends are not good people?" I wanted to smack my bother as my dad continued to question David.

"They're band people dad. Band people will be band people," my bother stated.

"Well just be careful, Aubrey," my dad said sternly. I nodded and remained silent.

The rest of dinner was quiet and normal. But I was glad when it was over. As soon as my mom started to wash dishes, I was out of that kitchen and into my room.

My room was small but I loved it. My walls were cream white and I had dark brown wood floors with a white fuzzy rug over them. In my room was a dresser, desk, night stand and my bed.

It matched the rest of the house, simple, like something you would read out of a book. A white picket fence house, the kind that were in romance novels. But, it was mine.

I picked up my guitar and sat on my bed. I had been playing guitar too much lately without a guitar pic and my fingers were paying for it. But I began to strum anyway. Soon I was singing: