Chapter 37

{Song in video: Selena Gomez - The Heart Wants What It Wants}

"I can't believe people are still staring at us," Zander chuckled, holding hands with me as we were walking outside.

"I can. I mean we used to practically hate each other," I said, laughing. "We were enemies and nemeses. Those poor people probably think that we're either aliens who replaced the real Zander and Liv or that we're crazy."

People were probably thinking of the second choice. I mean, if someone went up to me on the first day of senior year after I met Zander by spilling food on him, and telling me that we would end up together now, then I would have thought the person was crazy and would have took them to the psychiatry ward. Funny how things turn out.

"Hey guys!" Dasha exclaimed happily as she ran toward us.

Kenzie and Cameron were slowly following behind her, laughing and holding hands. "Hey," Kenzie said as they both got closer.

Collin and Katelyn walked out of the building and also came and greeted us. Hmmm I wonder what's happening there.

"Shall we go to the bakery?" I asked.

A bakery shop recently opened down the street from our school. The people who worked there were getting a lot of business from students and teachers of Chatswin. Mrs. Jetson's husband had worked there and whenever they had leftover desserts by the end of the day, Mrs. Jetson gave them to random students.

"Yes I freakin' love their cupcakes!" Dasha said, grinning. "Let's go!"

We walked to the bakery and went inside. "Mmm," I said, sniffing the air. If you were to ask me what my favorite smell was, I would have said bakery.

"What are you getting?" Zander asked me, pulling money out of his wallet.

"It's okay, I can pay for myself," I said.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Why are you so difficult with people buying stuff for you? I'm your boyfriend and a gentleman."

"Gentleman." I burst out laughing. "And okay fine, since you want to pay."

I decided to try the banana bread since I tried most of their cupcakes and brownies already. Zander had a blueberry scone, Cameron had a rocky road ice cream cone, Kenzie had two sugar cookies, Katelyn had a bagel with strawberry jam, Collin had a slice of vanilla cake and a peanut butter cookie, and Dasha got a big cinnamon roll.

We fixed the tables and seats so that we were joined together. "This banana read is amazing," I said with my mouth full.

"Everything here is amazing," Dasha said and we all nodded in agreement.

Sam and Amanda came in and I called them over to join us. After they got themselves each a slice of pecan pie, they came over to us and sat down. "This is only my second time coming here," Amanda said, taking a bite of her pecan pie.

"Same here," Sam said. "We need to come here more often. This place is really good."

After we were finished with our treats, Dasha looked at the time on her phone and gasped. "Kenzie, we're going to be late for our appointment! We've got to go now!" she exclaimed.

"Oh crap, you're right!" Kenzie said, looking at the time.

"Bye!" She waved to everyone and quickly walked out of the bakery.

"Yeah bye!" Kenzie called out, following after her.

We gave each other a look and shrugged. "Well I better get going. I have to study for those exams," Katelyn said, getting up from her seat.