Chapter 18

{Song in video: Lorde - Tennis Court}

As me and Kenzie woke up and got dressed on Saturday morning, we heard loud knocks on our door. "Guys open up, it's me!" We heard Dasha's voice exclaim from outside the door.

"We know, Dasha. Come in!" I exclaimed back as I rolled my eyes.

Dasha came in, Katelyn slowly following behind her. "We should go play tennis! They have a tennis court now." She grinned, holding up a tennis racket.

Katelyn turned to her and had a serious look on her face. "Are you serious? They had that tennis court here since we first got here freshman year," she said.

"What? They have?!" She gasped and looked shocked. "No freakin' way!"

Me and Kenzie burst out laughing. Sometimes Dasha could be a total ditz, no offence to her because sometimes I was too. "Playing tennis sounds good. We should go before someone takes over the tennis court," I said.

We quickly ate breakfast so we could go to the tennis court. I ate pancakes and bacon, Kenzie ate toast and a cup of fruit, Katelyn had scrambled eggs and Cheerios, and Dasha had pancakes and eggs.

We got some tennis rackets from a storage room that had different kinds of sports related items, such as basketball, dodgeball, cricket, and tennis.

"So who's on what team?" I asked.

"Kenzie can be on my team since you and her are roommates and see each other all the time," Dasha said.

"Sounds good."

Me and Dasha tried to never be on the same team because we both got really competitive when it came to sports. Whenever we were on the same team, we always ended up accidentally either injuring each other or Katelyn and Kenzie. I really don't know how that happens but it does.

Dasha swung the tennis ball first. It shot up in the air towards me so I whacked it back to her and Kenzie. Kenzie ducked while Dasha got it. "Why did you duck? You're supposed to whack it not run away from it," Dasha told Kenzie.

"Sorry," Kenzie said, wincing. She wasn't much of a sports person but I didn't blame her since she usually got hit by a flying object or injured in some way when it came to any kind of sports.

"I got it!" Katelyn exclaimed, barely missing the tennis ball.

"That was a close one!" I called out.

We played for a while until we saw Zander coming toward us. I gave a signal to temporarily stop the game. "What do you want? You're interrupting our game," I said to Zander, crossing my arms.

"Too bad," Zander said sarcastically. "We need to work on our math project."

"What? Are you kidding me?" I scoffed, narrowing my eyes at him. "This is the weekend and it's still a while before that project is due. We already did some stuff the other day."

"I told you that I didn't like to procrastinate."

"Since when are you in charge? Who gave you permission to tell us both when to do the project? I'm a little busy right now so it's not going to happen."

He sighed. "I knew it was going to resort to this." He got closer to me and picked me up, scooping me up like a sack of potatoes once again.

"What are you doing?! Put me down!" I yelled in his ear, banging my fists on his back.

He chuckled. "Are you trying to punch me? Because that doesn't hurt at all, Eyebrows." He smirked.

"That's because I'm upside down and all the blood is rushing into my head!"