Chapter 5

{Character in picture: Emma Watson as Katelyn Gallagher}

{Song in video: Icon For Hire - Make A Move} 

When we got to our first class, the announcements came on the speaker and said, "This is your principal Mr. Lewis and I would like to inform you that over the weekend there will be an optional mini field trip to London. It's approximately an hour away from here in Oxford and we will be taking a train there. There will be chaperones and everyone who comes will be assigned groups. If you would like to come on this trip, then please come to the front office and sign up."

I turned to Kenzie. "Are you going to go?" I asked her.

She smiled and nodded at me. "Yeah it sounds fun," she replied.

"I'll be going too even if it's my hometown." I grinned. I heard someone scoff right behind me so I turned around and it was none other than Zander Archibald. I didn't even know he was sitting directly behind me. "What are you a bull or something? Your nose is flared up."

He squinted his eyes at me, nose flared, and tried to look menacing. "Why would you go to on a trip to London if it's your hometown?"

"Because I can." I smirked and crossed my arms. "I see you're eavesdropping on our conversation, Archibald."

"No I'm not, I just happened to hear." He scowled. "You're such an annoyance bi-"

"I don't think you want to finish that sentence." I gave him a warning look, raising an eyebrow.

"And why not?" He smirked and crossed his arms.

"Remember the party you threw just a few days ago?"

"Yeah." He gave me a 'duh' look and made a gesture.

"Well I'll keep popping up into your life, just like that. I'm your nightmare." I gave him an evil grin and made a funny face.

"The only thing giving me nightmares is your eyebrows." He snickered and rolled his eyes.

"Wow such an amazing comeback, Archibald."

"Why do you always call me by my last name? If it's because you have a crush on me then that's too bad because I don't-"

"Dude, don't flatter yourself. No one has a crush on you. But it seemed like you had a crush on Zeke yesterday." I winked and smirked at him.

"Ugh I didn't know it was you! Then you said your name was Zeke and I was caught off guard!" He glared at me, clenching his hands into fists.

"I looked so sexy in that pizza onsie didn't I?" I made a clicking noise with my tongue and pointed my index finger to him.

"I was a bit tipsy..." His face flushed red and he glared as he looked down at the ground.

Kenzie kept on laughing at us. At least she was having some fun; well actually I was having a little bit of fun myself.

"Did you like my rap yesterday? It was very beautiful wasn't it?"

"It was stupid! Ugh just turn around and do your work already. You're such a nuisance!"

"Aw." I made another goofy face before I turned back around. Annoying the hell out of this guy is entertaining.

"Liv, he's really mad! Aren't you afraid he'll try doing something to you?" Kenzie whispered to me.

"Nope," I said casually, taking notes. I felt a few spitballs hit my back. I turned around and noticed Zander with a straw in his hand, smirking at me. "Seriously? That's the way you're getting me back?" I burst out laughing and shook my head.

"No but I'll keep annoying you," Zander replied, throwing another spitball at me, this time landing on my face.

I closed my eyes for a moment. "Cool, dude cool." I turned around and managed to ignore him and his spitballs the rest of the period. When the class was over, I glanced at him and laughed at his face expression. He looked mad that his spitballs didn't bother me. I admit it was annoying after a while but I pretended to be okay with it. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of him annoying me.

 ---

"He threw spitballs at you and you didn't do anything?!" Dasha exclaimed, having her mouth open as we sat at the lunch table.

"Yup," I said nonchalantly, eating my chicken sandwich.

"It's true...I was in the class," Kenzie said.

We talked about different things but then all of a sudden, Katelyn slammed her book shut and exclaimed, "Liv watch out!" She pointed at something behind me, looking shocked.

I quickly whirled around and smacked my hands onto Zander's tray, causing the tray to hit him instead of me. Everyone in the cafeteria went quiet and stared at us in shock.

I glared at him. "Ah, looks like your plan failed, Archibald," I snapped. I wasn't even going to apologize since he meant to do it on purpose. How stupid is this guy?

His mouth was open and he glared at me. "You idiot! You spilled food all over me again!" he exclaimed, flinging some of the food off. It was too bad because his outfit looked expensive. He wore a black leather jacket, a gray shirt under, and black jeans.

"Well next time don't try spilling your food on me douchebag!"

"Ugh!" He stormed away without saying anything else. It took a few minutes for everyone to get back to chatting with their friends and eating.

"Oh my gosh..." Dasha said with her mouth covered. "I can't believe that just happened."

"That food could have been all over you if it wasn't for Katelyn," Kenzie said.

I turned to her. "Oh yeah...I would like to personally thank you," I said and gave her a hug.

"You're welcome," Katelyn said. "I saw it at the very last moment. I was wondering why he looked suspicious..."

"He's so stupid. He was trying to get me back but look what happened. I spilled food on him...again."

All of us burst out laughing. "I'm sure he learned his lesson. He won't be doing that again anytime soon," Kenzie said.

"I'm pretty sure he hates your guts now Liv," Dasha said, still laughing.

"He's hated my guts since I accidentally spilled food on him." I said.

"True that," Kenzie said, pointing with her index finger.

"Hey are you guys going to London this weekend?" I asked, glancing at everyone at the table.

"Heck yeah!" Dasha exclaimed.

"Yes I was planning on going," Katelyn said.

"You already know I'm going," Kenzie said.

"Awesome! I get to show you around my town," I said, grinning before I took another bite of my sandwich.

"My town too," Katelyn spoke up and smiled.

"You two are lucky. I wish I was from around here," Dasha said, crossing her arms and making a pouty face. She was from Louisville, Kentucky.

"Same here," Kenzie said. She was from Beverly Hills, California, which was slightly weird since she acted nothing like the typical rich 90210 California girl. I guess it was just stereotypes.

We talked and laughed a bit more until the bell rang.

**********

A/N: So Zander tried throwing food onto Liv but she turned around at the last second and he ended up with food all over him...again! Should Liv be worried?

READ

VOTE

COMMENT