Chapter 31

{Song in video: Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight}

Me and my friends walked to the front office to sign up for the fashion show. I still can't believe I'm doing this. I'm not a freakin' model!

"I'm so glad you guys are signing up for this!" Dasha squealed, grinning at us. "We're going to be models."

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Katelyn muttered under her breath but we all heard her.

I gave her an amused look. "You know you can work it girl," I teased, laughing at her face expression, which was stern and stoic.

"Ha ha very funny, Olivia." She said with a sarcastic tone in her voice, smirking when she called me Olivia.

"Do you really want to go there, Gallagher?" I joked. All of a sudden, I had felt someone poke my sides. "What the heck!" I quickly turned around and smacked Zander.

"Hello to you too, Eyebrows," Zander said, having an amused look on his face. "I'm quite surprised you're a little jumpy."

"Quit being childish, Archibald." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Who are you calling childish?" He whispered closely to my ear.

I shuddered when he said that, giving him a weird look. "Don't do that..." I wasn't sure why but it made me uncomfortable and I usually never felt that way.

He nodded slowly, not saying anything else.

After Dasha was done signing her name, I signed up next. When I was done, I noticed there were quite a few people behind me that were also waiting to sign up for the fashion show. I guess everyone wants to be a "model."

"Why am I doing this again?" Kenzie said while writing her name on the paper. "I don't even like attention..."

"Because you're gorgeous and awesome that's why," Dasha said. "You can do it Kenz. We're all doing it with you, including Cameron." She gave her a reassuring smile and winked.

Kenzie blushed at the mention of Cameron's name. "I-I guess."

"Oh you guys are signing up too?" Heather asked, walking towards us.

"Yup," Dasha answered giddily. "I talked them into it."

"Nice." She signed her name and then turned back to us once she was done. "I've been doing this since I first came to this school. I actually want to pursue becoming a model."

I could see why she said that. I mean, she was really pretty and tall. She had "the look", long legs, and long wavy red hair. She usually wore miniskirts or dresses most of the time, except during winter time or when it was cold.

"I can totally see that happening!" Dasha said. "I'll get to see you on Britain's Next Top Model one day."

"Maybe." She smiled. "When I was younger, my mom made me join beauty pageants and I really enjoyed it. Heck, I loved it! I know most girls hate being made to be in a beauty pageant but it was fun and awesome to me."

"That's really cool!" Her and Heather kept talking to each other about modeling.

I turned back to Zander. "I'm surprised you're still here, Archibald," I said.

He gave me a suspicious look. "Why? Aren't I always here?" he asked.

"Yeah but they must have had a five minute conversation talking about modeling and beauty pageants. I just thought you would have been bored by it or something."