five; by the light of the moon

Start from the beginning

"That was he grossest thing I've ever seen." She gagged.

England, 1864

Adelaide grunts as throws punch but Elijah catches it with ease. "As a devout feminist, I refuse to say you hit like a girl." He throws her arm back and she grabs her head in frustration.

"So let's try this again, shall we?" He rolls up his sleeves.

"Why can't I go back to punching those big bags that are hanging in the other room." Adelaide asks.

"You are my responsibility." He says.

"Says the feminist." She replies back and he smiles at her

"Fighting is rhythm. There is a music, there is a meter, there is a pattern." He tells her. "Now, let that rhythm beat within you. Again."

Adelaide throws two punches at Elijah but he blocks them. "Legato."

She throws a punch to his stomach but he catches is. She swings her arm to knock him in his head head but he ducks down. She then frees her other hand to punch him straight in the face but he blocks it. "Ostinato."

She steps back and grabs her head again before getting back into position. She swings her arm but he pushes it out of the way. She tries to kick him but he flashes behind her. She quickly turns around to throw a punch but he catches it.

"Crescendo."

She lift up her elbow to hit him in the face but, of course, he catches it. "And then— once you've established you cadence."

She quickly sets herself free and spins around before rushing at Elijah and pinning him to the wall. "You change the key." She smirks.

"Very nice." Elijah says. He grabs her hand that rests above his heart. "Now, the head of the heart. None of this means anything if you cannot make the kill."

She drops her hand from his heart. "What if I can't do it?" She looks down.

"You will. To survive." Elijah encourages. "Now, the head of the heart."

Adelaide throws her arm back and plunges it into his chest, grabbing his heart. He grunts in pain as Adelaide sadly stares at him.

"Elijah." A manly voice calls out.

Adelaide pulls her hand from inside his chest and he moves in front of Adelaide. She turns around and sees a man in a suit but this time he has blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Who's your friend?" He asks.

"This is Adelaide Salvatore. I expect you to treat her well. She got turned a few days ago and I'm teaching her how to survive." Elijah says.

"Who's he?" Adelaide asks Elijah.

"My names Klaus." The blonde man named Klaus says with smirk.