five; by the light of the moon

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

CHAPTER FIVE; BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON
(S2E11)

England, 1864

Screams rang through the woods as Adelaide sank her teeth into a random girl. Her screams stopped and her body dropped on the ground lifeless. Adelaide glanced around the the forest with a sad smile on her face.

"Well isn't this a lovely sight." A voice sarcastically said.

Adelaide turned around a was met with a man in a suit. She sped behind a tree making it hard for the person to see her face. "I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean to kill them."

"What's your name, sweetheart?" The man said.

"Adelaide." She replied. "Adelaide Salvatore."

"Well, Adelaide, my name is Elijah." He smirked. "And I'm guessing your a new vampire."

"Yes, I got turned a couple days ago and— I'm sorry. I was just so hungry and I don't know how to control this." She lightly cried.

"Let me help you." Elijah held out his hand.

Adelaide slowly approached him and took his hand in hers. Right there, she knew she could trust him. And he knew he could trust her.

 And he knew he could trust her

Adelaide woke up from her nap. She glanced around and saw Katherine staring at Stefan as he slept. And she knew Katherine was in his head. So she decided she wanted to see what they were talking about.

"So we're fasting now? We're so pious." Katherine walked towards Stefan. "How long have you actually gone without blood? I know you get desiccation in theory, Stefan, but in reality, it's much worse. You're heart still beats, struggling to pump whatever blood remains. And when it's gone, your veins run together like sandpaper. It's excruciating."

Stefan grabs Katherine's wrist from his chest and pushes it away before sitting up. "The pleasure I'll get in watching you suffer is greater than any pain I'll ever feel."

"It's stuffy, and I've been in this dress for days." She looks at Stefan. "You want to help me get out of it?"

Stefan scoffs. Katherine rolls her eyes. "Oh, come on, Stefan, don't be such a grump." She pulls unzips her dress and pulls in down leaving her in her lingering. Adelaide's eyes widen and she gets out of Stefan's head before rushing to the front of the tomb gagging.