t w e n t y t w o

"Katrina!!" I roll over grumbling in my sleep.
"Katerina it's already four, we need to leave." I jolt awake staring into Thomas's face. Four. An hour until the interrogation at Malfoy Manor. I got up and quickly got dressed and met Thomas downstairs.
    "If you're willing, maybe to explain to me what we're getting ourselves into?" Thomas asks me as sit down next him.
     I stare into his eyes trying to figure where to start. I decide just to give him the truth.
    "My name is Katrina Riddle. Daughter of Tom Riddle." I start watching for his reaction. He takes a short breathe and stares at me.
    "I'm caught in a battle between good and evil. Family and friends. Right and wrong. I-i just don't really know what to do anymore." I take a deep breathe trying not to cry.
    "Don't cry." He says hugging me. "I'm the same. Caught up between good and evil. It's in my name." He gives a short laugh. "Thomas or Albus. Who was my dad really loyal to anyway? Maybe no one will ever know. Where does that leave me? Stuck in the middle."
    I give a short cry. Someone who understands what's it's like to stuck in the middle not knowing. I hug him back burying my face in him feeling protected. He hugs me back and we stay that for a while just hugging.
   Finally I pull out, "My father has my best friends locked up. He's going to interrogate them at six. There's no way he'll let go. I can't let anything happen to them. Yet my father! My family, the people I finally fit in with." I sigh with exasperation looking up Thomas.
    "Maybe if ask your father nicely?" Thomas says.
   I scoff, "Thomas this is Harry Potter and his friends!! Like Lord Voldemort's ever just going let him walk away."
    "Harry Potter? Well that makes things a little complicated." He sighs.
    "Well it's four thirty. If we're going to go we have to leave." I stand up.
"So we're going to Malfoy Manor? Will-will your father be there?" Thomas asks looking nervous.
I nod, "Why?"
Thomas sighs, "Well, after my father died, Lord Voldemort had somehow found out he had a son. Me. So yeah soon after I'd found out about my father's death, Death Eaters came to my house and took to Malfoy Manor and Voldemort forced me to become a Death Eater. He said was to take my fathers place. But at that point in my life I was still mourning my fathers death, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. Becoming a Death Eater had crossed my mind yes, but I wasn't sure yet, and I definitely didn't want to be forced in to anything. I escaped right after they gave me the Mark and I've been on the run ever since." He ended with a sigh and rolled his sleeve on his left arm to show me his Mark. I showed him mine and squeezed his hand reassuringly.
"We'll get through this together." I told him.
He smiled, "I've literally known you for less than twenty four hours yet I feel like I can trust you more than anyone I've known. Well, except for my dad."
"I feel the same. I hope this isn't a painful subject, but do you have a mom?" I asked him.
"Never met her. Dad said he met on a vacation in Paris, but never heard from her again."
   "Paris?" My heart began to beat faster. "Dad-dad said he met my mother on a trip to Paris. Never saw her again."
   We both stand up and look into each other's eyes. Paris is a giant city. What are the chances?
   "My father said the only she gave him was a broken locket. I always wear it, you know to remind me of both of them." Thomas says pulling a old looking silver half of a locket on a chain out from under his shirt.
   I gasp. I then slowly pull my half of a locket from my supposed mother, and attach it to Thomas's half. The two halves fit together perfectly with a small click. We both gasp.
   "We're," He starts.
     "Brother and sister." I finish, as we embrace.
    "The chances. You save my life, we find out we're in the same situation we're brother and sister!!" It all comes out garbled as I start crying. Then suddenly it all comes back, the reason I ended up here. The interrogation.
    "We have to go!" I shriek grabbing his hand, apparating to outside Malfoy Manor.
    "So you have a plan?" Thomas looks worriedly at me. "Sister." He finishes smiling.
   "Wellll. Not really!" I said. "I just need to make sure Harry and everyone get out okay."
    "Getting Harry Potter out of Lord Voldemort's clutches. Yeah and the two people that are doing is his supposedly loyal daughter and a ex-Death Eater on the run. It'll be a piece of cake." Thomas says sarcastically.
     "I'm glad you're staying positive." I stand up and beckon for him to follow me. I really hope I'm not leading Thomas and I to our deaths.

  Author's Note : Thank you so much for all your votes & nice comments! I hope this like doesn't go to fast, introducing Thomas, and that they're brother & sister. I also know it's weird I've never mentioned her mother before sorry. Thanks for so much for reading!!! ❤️