// n i n e t e e n //

19. We get back to my house/ Your hands, my mouth/ Now I just stop myself around you +

From / Ashton

I'm outside

Michael put down his phone, placing it down on his night table. He rubbed his eyes before letting out a long, exaggerated sigh.

He got up from his bed, peaking out his blinds to see Ashton kicking pebbles on their front porch.

Michael rolled up the sleeves of his sweatshirt as he headed downstairs. He didn't really want to see Ashton, but he wasn't going to let him stand outside in the cold either.

It was a typical Tuesday night in December. It was a week before midterms and finals, winter break coming closer and closer. Tim was still awake in his bedroom surrounded by books and binders, his tired head about to pass out.

Mike turned on the front porch lights and unlocked their front door. He took a deep breath and looked at Ashton, not saying anything.

"Sorry," Ash said, licking over his chapped lips, "I was lonely."

Mike rubbed over his eyes again. "It's fine," his tired voice said before he could think twice. He took a step to the side, letting Ashton walk into his foyer.

Michael was upset with himself. He let Ashton float into his and Tim's life so fast, he didn't pause, he didn't stop to think. He let Ashton be a part of their life all because of the history and love that the two once had.

Ashton shrugged off his jacket, resting it upon their coffee table a few feet away. Michael still hadn't moved. He was leaning against their locked front door, his empty eyes watching Ashton turn around and look at him.

"You alright?"

Mike shrugged, "Just tired."

Ashton took a step forward, wrapping his arms around Michael's shoulders. He rested his hands at the back of his neck, playing with the light hairs. "Let's go get some blood flowing, then."

Mike gave him the smallest of a smile as he leant his forehead on Ashton's. "Okay," he said so softly, "Okay."

Ashton took a step back, turning around and beginning the trip up the stairs. Michael let him drag him back to the master bedroom.

Timothy was on FaceTime with Calum, like most nights. "Are you going to bed soon?" Cal asked with a yawn.

"Probably not," he sighed. He closed his laptop, knowing he didn't really get any work done.

He could hear his father and Ashton sneaking around a few feet away and it bothered Tim, a lot.

"Did your father really come over just to get laid?"

Timothy nodded. He rested his head on his bent elbow, still looking at the older teenager on his phone. "I can't believe they still do it."

Cal laughed, "That's gross to think about. He's my boss."

"He's my dad!" Timothy whisper-yelled. He heard Mike's bedroom door close, a click of the lock from the opposite side of the house. "This is disgusting, Calum." Timothy put in his other earbud, not wanting to hear anything that would scar him.

"Want me to stay on the phone with you until you fall asleep?"

Tim smiled. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Ashton sat down on Michael's lap, his hands rising to Michael's hairline and brushing his bleached hair out of his face. "I still feel for you."

Mike nodded, his own hands running up and down Ashton's sides. His fingers slipped underneath his sweater, clawing at the darker hue of skin. "I feel the same." He scooted back, laying down and letting his ex properly straddle his waist.

The problem was that both men wanted to feel, and this was how they chose to do so. They didn't choose to talk, they chose to ignore. They fucked, that's what they did.

Michael loved the feeling of their skins press up against one another but Ashton loved it more. He loved his lips locked against Michael's own, he liked Mike's hands clawing at the skin on his back.

This was so natural to the two. The bittersweet moans and groans, the creaking of the bed frame. Michael felt loved and Ashton felt cared for.

Timothy work up at 10 the following morning, his FaceTime call still going with Calum. Maybe Tim felt something, too.

Maybe this house was just filled with too much emotion.

EEEEEAaaaaa there aren't many chapters left. Do you think they're gonna make it work or break apart again?

Did Ashton come into their lives for Tim (like he said) or for Mike?