The Princess Chapter 21

The Ceremony

Alex’s hangover was pretty bad.

She had a fuzzy memory of what happened the night before, but she hoped nothing was broken.

Alex noticed she was still in her jeans. She quickly changed-well, as fast as she could with a broken leg-and gently put the IV back in. Her head was pounding and she felt kind of dizzy, but managed to get her foot back up in the thing. She closed her eyes right when the nurse came in.

“Did you have a good sleep, Miss Wilder?” she asked with a British accent.

“What? Ya, sure...” Alex mumbled.

“That’s good. How are you feeling?”

“Great! I have never felt better.” she lied. Alex would do or say anything to get out of that place.

“That’s great to hear! I’ve brought you some breakfast!” The nurse said cheerfully.

“Great!” Alex said sarcastically. The nurse didn’t seem to notice it and just smiled.

She quickly left the room and Alex flushed the mushy food down the toilet.

Right as she got back into bed, the nurse popped her head in.

“Miss Wilder, you have a call. Press 9 and then talk.” she said.

Alex put on a fake smile until she was gone, then grabbed the phone and followed the nurse’s instructions.

“Hello?”

“Hey Alex! We’re coming to get you out of there!” Shay said.

“Oh thank god! I have a massive hangover, how are you this morning?”

“This morning? Alex, it’s 4:00 in the afternoon! Did you just wake up now?”

“Um, maybe.”

“Well, I feel the same way, but I have to pretend I’ve been here all night so I’m faking everything for your parents.”

“Great, thanks Shay. I guess I’ll see you in a bit then?”

“Yep! Happy Birthday Alex! I’m glad you had such a comfortable sleep last night!”

“Let me guess, my mom or dad just walked into the room.”

“Yep! Well, I’ll see you in an hour!”

“Kay, bye.”

Shay hung up and Alex put the phone back.

What was she going to do for an hour?

$$$

Shay ran ahead of Maria and Cassiel so she could get to Alex’s room before they did.

She took one look at her and was glad she ran.

Alex’s hair was a mess. She had bags under her eyes, and she also had the Omg-I-Feel-So-Sick-I’m-Going-To-Throw-Up look on her face.

Shay snapped her fingers and Alex looked better right when her parents came in. Tiger and Sean followed, each holding a diet Pepsi.

“Oh Alex! Did you have a good sleep?” Her mother asked.

Alex nodded, smiling, and Sean snorted.

“I’m sorry! Do you have something to say, oh brother of mine?” Alex asked innocently.

Sean shook his head and Alex smirked.

“I don’t really want to get involved, so, take the IV out of your arm and get changed so we can go.” Cassiel said quickly.

Alex did as she was told and Tiger handed her the crutches.

Maria watched the clock intensely. The minute hand ticked to 5:06 and the hospital room disappeared. It was replaced with a magical forest.

Karwyn.

“Thank you Mr. Mistraf.” Maria said. Eregon nodded.

Alex then noticed how many people were there. There was THOUSANDS! Trolls, fairies, giants, vampires, wizards, elves, dwarves, and more. Everyone from Karwyn was there, staring at her.

“Thank you all for coming!” Maria said. Her voice was loud, as if she was holding a microphone, “As you may already know, these are my two daughters, Alex and Tiger Wilder. They are here because they are princesses, and we never did the formal ceremony.”

A troll appeared beside Maria, and it was holding a diamond studded box. Maria opened the box and Alex saw two very different tiaras. One was silver, with a ruby in it. The other was copper with a amethyst in a bat that was on it.

Cassiel took out the one with the ruby and placed it on Tiger’s head. “Hail Tiger Mackenzie Wilder! Princess of the werewolves!”

Everyone in the crowd cheered and Tiger smiled uncomfortably.

Maria took out the bat tiara and placed it on Alex’s head. “Hail Alex Adriane Wilder! Princess of the vampires!”

The crowd cheered again and Alex’s headache started pounding.

“Now it is time for the speech! One of you must do it.” Maria said.

Everyone took a step back, except Alex. She looked around her and glared at Tiger, who smiled back at her.

“Um, thank you.” Alex said, “I guess it will be me making the speech. Ok, uh, hi everyone! I’m obviously Alex, and I guess I’m the princess of the vampires! Well, I guess that’s not a big surprise to you, but I wasn’t aware. I have had a very eventful couple of well, days for me, I guess it has been a lot longer then that for others...”

Alex looked down at her bracelet. She looked back up and smiled, “For a girl that grew up in Charlottesville, Virginia, this is what I least expected to happen. I thought I was going to live a normal life with my brother and sisters, but instead, I lived on a deserted island for 6 months. I came to Karwyn, and found out that my mom is fine. In fact, she’s the queen! My dad is the leader of a tribe, and my best friend is a pixie! Standing here today, I feel like I have had many great experiences, but also some close calls. I killed a dragon, and almost lived to tell the tale. I ended a war, came back from the dead, stole a diamond bouncy ball, and was only stabbed 3 times! Once from a princess, once from my stepmom, and once from,” she looked back at Derek, who was standing right behind her, “once from a friend. I feel honored. Thank you, people of Karwyn, for believing in me. Well, ALMOST all of you.” Alex said, looking at Lily, “Thanks to you, I now have new friends, family, and a band. I love you, Karwyn!”

The crowd cheered and Alex smiled.

Maria stepped forwards, “We hope that you two will stay in the human world, though.”

“Wait, you guys aren't coming back with us?” Tiger asked.

Cassiel shook his head, “We have to stay here and make sure nothing like that war ever happens again. You are welcome to visit any time, but you have to go home, and we must stay.”

Alex nodded sadly. She understood, but it wasn’t fair.

Eregon waved his hand, and Alex, Sean, Jake, Derek, and Tiger disappeared.