The Call

Tiger

The Call

“If he is on the island, then we need help.” Shay persisted.

“I don’t need any more help from some stupid human cops.” Tiger said.

“Well, then don’t you have any other ideas? There is a vampire hunter on the same island as Alex! Tiger, we need help. Now.”

“Calm down. Tonight’s the full moon remember? As soon as he sees Alex turn, he won’t kill her.”

“We still need help though. Don’t you have any other friends that can give us a hand?”

Suddenly, Tiger’s eyes lit up.

“Jamie! Of course!”

Tiger leaped off the plastic lounge chair and ran into the woods. Shay stared in the direction that she ran. There was no way she could keep up.

When Tiger finally got a scent she ran through the trees so fast that she reached it within seconds. She looked up at the tree and saw a small squirrel.

“Hey, excuse me! Can I ask you for a favor?” she asked it.

“Shore thin’ sweety pie!” the squirrel said with a New Jersey accent.

“Thanks. Um, do you know the Crustin clan from Philadelphia?”

“You mean my good pal Jamie’s clan?” he said.

“How do you know Jamie?”

“He agreed not to hurt me and my family if I rat out de’ other animals.”

“Ya, I’ve never really liked the taste of animal blood but it was his choice really. Anyway, I need you to deliver a message. Can you do that?” Tiger asked.

“Of course!”

“Ok, can you ask Jamie if him and his clan will help me find my little sister?”

“Shore thing. What’s ye’ name?”

“Tiger Wilder.”

And with that he was off.

All of a sudden, Tiger’s phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Tiger! It’s me Derek! Something really bad happened!”

“What happened?!”

“My dad totally flipped when he saw me with Alex! Oh, and by the way, I’m dating your sister. She is SO hot! Anyway, he saw us together and he flipped out because he won’t listen to me when I tell him Alex is a werewolf! So last night he tricked her into coming to the training grounds that Eregon set up for her and she fell for it! Tiger, I think he STAKED HER!!"

“What?! Is she dead?!”

“I don’t know. Sean won’t let me see her. She might be.”

“Goddamn it! Get Sean on the phone!”

There was a cracking noise and a few muffled voices before she heard Sean take the phone.

“Tiger? Is that really you?”

“YA IT’S ME! WHAT HAPPENED TO ALEX?!

“I don’t really know. She is still breathing, which is good, but she is totally unconscious! What should I do?”

“She is half werewolf right?”

“Ya, but-”

“She’ll be fine.” Tiger said as she exhaled.