The date

Excuses. Excuses
Noah's PoV
What is Richelle doing here? And more specifically why is she dressed up. The plain white dress and pumps. The curled hair. The minimal make up. She...she looked amazing!
"Noah?"
I heard a voice call out from behind me. Huh. What? Shit! Had I zoned out? Wait, zoned out while staring at Richelle? What's wrong with me?
"Noah! Are you alright..you've sort of frozen.."
Said the voice giggling. Oh god! Snap out of it Noah! I slowly brought a hand up to pinch the under side of my arm, hoping it would snap me back into reality. It did!
"Ouch!"
I couldn't help but mumble as I felt the pain spread under the skin and tingle my arm. That actually really hurt! I only wanted to get out of my trance, not cause myself pain.
"Noah? Are you feeling okay...your face has umm gone red.."
Asked Richelle softly. Ugh no. Don't do this to me! Not today of all days. Okay. Play it cool. I am calm and collected. Calm and collected. I think in self reassurance.
     I slowly turn my head around to find Richelle once more. She had not moved from her position beside the table but yet was now staring at me with concern, her feet poised to move forward at any second. I let out a small cough before glancing my eyes over the array of objects set upon the table.
"Yea! Yea totally..it's very warm in here isn't it. Actually now that I think of it..I think I need a bit of air..."
I say quickly, turning around and speed-walking towards the door. However I'm stopped short, by a small manicured hand on my chest. I follow the hand to the owner only to see Riley staring at me with disbelief. She nods her head, before pushing against my chest and thrusting me backwards further into the room.
"Oh no you don't!"
She said confidently, moving her hand from my chest only to hook her index finger around the collar and pull me towards the table.
"You two-"
She pushed me forcefully into the wooden seat before walking over to Richelle and repeating the action, only softer.
"-are going to sit here-"
Pushing both of our chairs closer to the table she walked over to a small cooler in the corner, opening the door and pulling out two drinks and walking back.
"-like two normal civilised people-"
She used her upper arm strength to open both bottles before placing one in front of us.
"-and talk about all the shit that has happened between you too"
What? How did she kn-? Upon seeing my confused my expression she mumbled.
"Richelle told me everything, Noah.."
Everything? I felt my mouth get dry. Every little detail? I glanced towards Richelle only to see her look down, face scarlet.
"Now-"
Started Riley once more. I glanced down into my lap, facing up to the consequences that my life is going to change. I listened as Riley set something down in the empty place on the table.
"-you two are going to sit here. Talk about your feelings and come to a reasonable conclusion on the matter. Do you hear me?"
She said forcefully.
"I said..do you hear me?"
She asked, slamming a hand on the table. I jumped back in shock before nodding my head erratically.
"Good!"
She said happily, clapping her hands together. I listened once more as she walked away from the table but not exiting the room.
Then there was the quiet and us. The painfully, excruciating quiet. The tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. It was the worst possible outcome for this situation.
"I don't hear any talking.."
Yelled Riley over her shoulder. Oh god! She can be infuriating. I placed my elbows onto the table before letting my head drop into my open palms. How did we end up like this? Sat opposite each other, only to feel like she is half way across the country. I feel distant to her. I don't like it! I..I miss her. After spending all this time together in the last twenty fours hours, I can't help but feel...connected to her like never before. I feel like...well like someone's handed me a glass of emotions and I downed it in with one big gulp. I can feel a headache coming on..
"No.."
I hear Richelle ask hesitantly. Huh. I haven't heard her call me that in a while.
"We need to talk..."
Not yet! I'm not ready yet. I can't. I can do th-hey! Wait. Is that music I hear? I move my head slightly allowing my ears to pick up any noise. Yes! Yes I do! There it was in the background. A soft hum barely audible but still there. I'm guessing Riley must have turned it on.
This could work to my advantage...
"Noah? Did you hear-"
I cut her off quickly.
"Do you want to dance?"
I asked. Fuck! Why the bloody hell did I do that? She looked at me shocked.
"I mean..would you..do you...would you like to dance with me?"
I asked nervously. I could feel my face start to grow hot. Ugh I'm such an idi-
"Yes!"
She said forcefully. Wait! What? I quickly turned to stare at her. She had a small smile on her face and her eyes were glistening.
"I mean...umm I would love to dance with you."
She exclaimed happily. Really? She actually wants to dance? I didn't think she would actually want to.
     I stood up and walked over to her, extending a hand. She stared at it for a few minutes before looking back up at me with her soft green eyes and giving me a gentle smile. Then slowly and carefully she placed her hand in mine. The simple touch sent tingles down my spine.  We moved away from the table to a little spot a little further away, shrouded by a bright spot light.
       I can't believe we are doing this! I mean I've danced with her before but it will never be like this. This is going to be...intimate. I softly place both of my hands on her lower waist, a little above her bum. While she put hers around my neck. Her delicate fingers pulling on my short hair. We are incredibly close. Both of our clothes rub against each other as we shift from one foot to the other-rocking back and forth. I hear her sigh in contentment as she places her head on my chest.
Thoughts about last night crowd my brain. Just me and her. Lying peacefully on her bed just like this. Her head against me and my hands wrapped around her waist protectively. I like it...
I don't know what this all means. Do I like her? Or do I like the things that she has done for me. All these emotions - are they just here because I liked how she dressed that night. Or because of something else..
Suddenly I felt her shift, moving her head to stare up at me. Those eyes. Those eyes could have seen so much. Pain. Worry. Anger. Happiness. All in the space of twenty four hours yet they still looked amazing. I will forever get lost into them. I noticed her grip on my neck get tighter as she raised herself onto her tippy toes. Her face getting closer and closer to mine. Is she going to?..
I watched as she closed her eyes before leaning in closer. I..I can't do this!
"I'm sorry..."
I mumbled, moving my hands from her waist to tangle her hands from my neck. She fell back ungracefully, confused and dazed. I can't do this to her. Not until I've figured out my feelings, it wouldn't be fair!
"I'm so so sorry.."
I said incoherently as I ran out of the music room. I didn't want to look back. I didn't want to see her expression. No matter if it was angry, sad or disappointed. I just know it wouldn't be good.
"Noah.."
I heard her whisper under her breath. It was small, quiet and barely audible. But it was still there. And it made my heart break..

I hoped you liked this chapter 😌❤️