Weird

I'm so sorry for not updating for like a week. I won't even bother make up a stupid excuse because they real reason is I didn't have very much inspiration to write. Sorry if this chapter is crap.

Pipers PoV
Well...today has been...unusual. It hasn't quite made the mark, that I would call it weird. Unusual seems better. Firstly, Riley gets upset with me for saying something about James. I mean....come on! I miss him too but there is no need for to get so angry. And then...then Richelle gets angry with me about saying something about a shirt. It's not even hers! It was massive! It actually...well....it kind of....kind of looked like a boys shirt! Sort of like...nah! Couldn't be. I didn't even know she had a boyfriend. And if she doesn't, then who does that shirt belong too? Ugh. This question has literally been roaming about my head for ages now. I can't focus on anything else.
"Piper, can I speak with you for a moment?"
Huh. What? I searched around for the source of the voice before finally landing on her. Riley. Stood at the entrance to her office with her sparking eyes fixated on me. While one hand rested on the wooden frame of the door way, another was slightly raised and hooked, beckoning for me to come closer. Surely, she doesn't mean me? Well....she did call out my name. Oh shit! Ugh. Is she finally going to get her come back for what I said earlier. I lazily brought a hand up to point at myself.
"me.."
I muttered, in disbelief. I watched as Riley's eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed.
"Yes, you! Now come on!"
She said forcefully. Well I guess this is it! Time to meet my end. I always thought I would die doing something amazing and fun. Not by....Riley. Ugh. I lazily got up onto my feet, holding onto the bar for support. I took one last glance around the room before slowly walking towards my doom. When I got close, Riley placed a hand on my back before pushing me inside her office. Shit! She must be angry! The only person I've ever seen her push is...James. But that was more play fighting so..
I watched as she walked around me before sitting down at the chair behind her desk. She folded her arms in front of her before saying.
"Please, take a seat"
Her voice was sweet but it hid an underlaying tone of anxiousness. I quickly found the chair she was indicating to. It sat, proudly, on the other side of the desk. It's wooden feet were scratched and scoured, matching the dirty maroon cushion which sat on top. Really? You would think out of the money this studio received for winning internationals we could at least buy some new chairs. I hesitantly moved closer to the seat before placing my bum onto it. I started to look nervously around the room, tying to avoid Riley's eyes.
"Ugh hum..."
She coughed. She's trying to get me to look at her. Well it won't work! After a few minutes of silence I heard her again
"Piper! Would you please stop looking around? I need to talk to you about something. Something important.."
Important? Oh! Well this has intrigued me. I quickly brought my eyes down, curious to find out what she wants to talk about. There she sat, with her face looking down at her clasped hands in thought. I'm so curious! Why is she acting like this? After a few more moments of awkward silence she once again looks back up at me, staring into my eyes.
"Have you..."
She starts trying to figure out the best way to start her sentence.
"Did you notice...have you noticed....anything different between umm.."
Oh come Riley! I don't have all day! Have I noticed what..
"Have you noticed anything different between....Richelle and Noah?.."
What? Are you trying to tell me you called me into your office to talk about Richelle and Noah? Ugh. Well at least I know she's not angry with me...
"Richelle and Noah?"
I ask confused. I watch as she nods her head, looking at me anxiously. I look down at the floor trying to think about all the times I have seen them or talked to them in the last few days.
"It's just.....I've been noticing stuff. Today mostly! Noah bought her coffee. Coffee! Piper! Coffee!"
Alright I get it! Coffee.
"And then...then when she spilt it on her hand, they started to blush. Also she started to rub a bruise on his face. I mean..come on! Who does that? Apart from...well couples. I have never seen them like this. I think...I think something might have happened to them.."
What is she talking about? Wait! Wait! I think I know. I cough lightly to get her attention before starting
"Well...there was that time yesterday when they stayed late after practise. And well...there was a few minutes ago when I was talking to Richelle."
I stopped short to look at her. She encouraged me to continue.
"I saw a shirt hanging out of her bag. When I went over to look at it closer, she got really protective over it, stuffing it into her bag really quickly. But that was just Richelle, there was no way Noa..."
Oh! Oh god! Shit! My eyes widened. I just thought of something! The shirt. I thought I had seen it before. Noah was wearing it yesterday. But...but why did Richelle have it in her bag? I must have went into a deep trance because after a few seconds I noticed two fingers clicking in front of my face.
"Piper! Pipes! Are you okay?"
Riley asks worried. Should...should I tell her? I guess it would be best.
"I...umm...the shirt. It's...Noah's."
I looked up at her and she stared down at me with confusion.
"Noah's?.."
She asks in disbelief. I nod my head, yes. She looks down at her hands in thought. After a few minutes of solemn silence she gets up from her desk. She walks quietly over to one of the large windows, which overlooked the studio.
"Riley..."
I ask quietly. She doesn't move or even turn to glance in my direction. She stands perfectly still, contemplating everything. I'm getting worried. She won't speak! She won't move! HECK! I don't even think I've seen her blink. After a few more minutes of silence she finally utters something under her breath.
"We...need a plan.."
What? I'm confused. She turns around to me, her bright eyes boring into my brown ones. She crosses her hands across her chest before speaking.
"We need to confront Richelle...."
I hope you enjoyed this chapter ❤️