The studio

Thank you guys for all your sweet comments on the last chapter, it really meant a lot. Ily guys. 💕
Enjoy this chapter ❤️

The next day...
Richelle's PoV
"Hey Ritchie! You ready for another day of practise?"
Huh. What? I quickly turn on one heel to the source of the noise. Who is it? Oh! Piper! Dressed in her usual pink and purple dance gear and her hair thrown up in a bun, she walked forward until she stood in front of me.
"Are you okay?"
She asks softly, gripping tighter onto her shoulder strap of her bag. Her eyebrows were furrowed in concern and her soft doe eyes were wide. No not really! How can I tell her? How can I tell her about what happened? I can't! Everybody would take pity. Well some would! Others would find the prospect of me and Noah getting caught in bed together hilarious. Do I even have to say who? Just two boys with crazy hair who go by the names of Henry and Latroy. Anyways...I looked at her happily, giving her my best fake smile.
"Yeah..yeah of course! Just not really prepared for another full day of practise with Riley shouting at us when we don't go full out"
I say with forced exhaustion, slumping my shoulders. I wasn't tired. Noah's shirt had comforted me through the night. Immediately at my words Piper piped up, jumping onto her tippy toes.
"Oh my gosh! I thought I would be the only one. Riley has got us working too hard! I know the competition is in a few days but that doesn't mean that every single waking moment should be spent practising. I think she's missing James a lot! And her way of coping with it is to put all her focus onto one thing. Unfortunately at the moment that seems to be us. I can't wait for Ja-"
She was stopped mid ramble by a voice from behind her.
"Uh hum. Excuse me.."
Crap! Piper is in trouble. There stood in the entrance of her office was Riley. Her arms crossed tightly in front of her chest, clipboard stuck in the middle. Her short blonde hair was placed in a small pony at the base of her neck. With stern eyes and mouth closed tight, she looked at Piper with anger. Poor Piper! Riley doesn't look happy at all. I wonder if she got any sleep last night...
"Into the studio...NOW! And just because of the James comment, practise has been extended by an hour."
She said forcefully. Quickly uncrossing her arms and taking the clipboard in one hand, she extended one arm, pointing to the studio.
"Warm up! I'll...Ill be out in a second. I just need to umm do something..."
She started harshly, but half way through her charade vanished and she was slowly reduced to a quiet Riley. One you may have realised from when she first got into A troupe. She released the tension in her arm, allowing it to drop by her side, before quickly running into her office. I guess the mention of James had struck a cord with her.
"Phew!..."
Said Piper with a giggle. She placed a hand on her forehead.
"I thought I was a goner then!"
With that she walked into the studio, making her way to one of the benches at the side. Ugh. Another hour of practise. Kill me now! I walk slowly over to my cubby, pulling the straps of my backpack off each shoulder. When I was a few centimetres away. I suddenly smelt something...what is that? Pulling back the small white door by the handle, I was greeted with the inside of my cubby. The smell hit me hard. Invading my nose and filling me with warmth. Coffee! Umm. I love coffee! But what is it doing in my cubby?
     Leaning in and taking the warm cup into my hand, I noticed small writing scrawled into one side with a sharpie.
It read
'Thank you - Noah'
Oh! Noah...I can feel my cheeks start to heat up slightly. He is so sweet.
"I didn't know how else to say thank you. Is it okay?"
Questioned a deep voice from beside me. Oh god! I jump slightly, coffee spilling up the top and covering my hand. OMG! That is hot! Quickly I placed the coffee back into my cubby before sucking the coffee off my hand and fingers.
"Oh shit! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that! Here let me help.."
Said the voice quickly. Suddenly there in front of my eyes was a small white tissue. Quickly taking it, I placed it onto my hand, drying up any liquid. Hesitantly I turned my eyes from my hand to look up at the person. I knew who it was. It could only be one person. Noah! He stood in front of me in his normal dance gear, eyebrows furrowed in empathy and eyes wide.
However something stood out to me. Something brown and purple with little hints of pink. I gasped in shock.
"Did...did my father do that?"
I question, leaning up and gently grazing my fingers over a dark bruise on his cheek. He flinched in pain, his quick reflexes making him bring his hand up and grab onto my wrist-tightly. Ouch! At the notice of my eyes squinting in pain slightly, he released his iron tight grip, looking down at me with sympathy. After a few quiet minutes neither of us had said a word. Well what do I say? Sorry you got caught in my bed, shirtless, and was dragged down the stairs before being hit and pushed out the door. Ugh. I guess I should say something. I mean he did buy me coffee. I coughed lightly to get his attention before starting.
"Umm thank you...for the coffee. It was very kind of you.."
I say quietly, not taking my eyes from my clasped fingers.
"It's not a problem, its the least I could do after you umm fixed my back.."
I listened as he scratched the back of his head. Same old Noah! Always scratching his head when he is nervous. After those two small sentences, we once again stood in silence. Is this what it's going to be like all day? Out of complete embarrassment I slowly started rocking back and forth on my heels looking around the room. I soon found a keen interest in the ceiling. Oh what am I doing? I probably look so odd staring at the ceiling with such passion. Quick Richelle! Think!
      Snapping my head quickly down from the ceiling, I stared around the room again. As I glanced over the studio I couldn't help but notice Riley staring out one of the office windows at me and Noah. Her eyes were wide and held an amused sparkle. Her mouth matched her eyes, quickly forming into a slight smirk. Oh god! Had she been watching the entire scene. I know Piper hadn't, she was to focused on her phone. Oh shit! What do I do?
"Well we stood probably start warming up..."
Said Noah slowly. Good idea! I looked up at him.
"Yes! Yea we should do that!"
I say quickly, walking over to a corner of the room and starting to stretch. Ugh. Why do I have to be so awkward? Today's practise is not going to go well. And neither will today. I can feel it!

What's going to happen next? Stay tuned for the next chapter 😜