Fuzzy (Chapter 10)

Start from the beginning

He gave me a small one back and got into Asher's car, driving it to what I supposed was the valet out back. I muttered under my breath towards my date.

"Remind me again why your parents needed you to bring a date to this dinner."

"Actually, my mom is the only one who's going to be at this dinner. My dad is working," he clarified.

I frowned. "Whose coming then? Didn't you say something about your family friend? Why would you need a date if your family friend is coming over?"

He looked amused. "My dad's friend is coming and my mom is going to convince him to move here. Our families are really close. They have a daughter our age and when I moved to their town in first grade we had play dates and stuff. This year we moved back here to where I grew up until kindergarten and her family stayed back. I think my dad and mom are convincing them this town is better than the last."

I scrunched my eyebrows, deep in thought. "Why do you need a date then?"

He sighed. "Their daughter, Emma, might come. I think my mom has this crazy fantasy in her head that Emma and I will get together and live happily ever after."

I raised my eyebrows. "And you don't like her?"

He shook his head no. "I do like her, but not in that way. She's just a friend. If I don't have a date and she shows up who knows what my mom will do."

I snorted.

He frowned. "What?" He asked.

I shook my head, laughing. "I can't believe there is a single girl in this world who's pants you don't want to get into."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not that big of a player."

I laughed lightly. "Trust me, you are."

For some reason my statement seemed to bug him. We stopped in front of the mansion's large doors and he asked me a question.

"Do you seriously think I'm a big player type of guy?"

I answered honestly. "Of course I do. This is the fourth week of school and I've already heard you got into Stephanie's, Sara's, Hannah's, and Lucy's pants. Not only that, but you've used them for a day and then dumped them the next day, breaking their hearts. It's like our blowing your nose, using a kleenex and then dropping it into the garbage. What kind of person does that without a second thought? Obviously you've been doing that for a while. You don't even realize these girls like you. They care about you and you just crush them. Your pathetic."

He was frowning. "Then why are you here?"

I shrugged. "You promised me you'd give me whatever I wanted. I figured I'd help you and benefit. Besides, I'm pretty sure if I'd have said no you would have forced me to come. And I do not need another broken foot." I glanced at the neon green cast on my leg. Kara's name peeked out at me from along my toes. The rest of the cast was blank.

He looked at me seriously. "Do you think I can change?"

I snorted. "No. No way."

He gave me a flat look. "I'm serious. I didn't realize that I was hurting girls. I was just having fun."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah, well those girl weren't."

"No wonder nerds are smart."

"Oh shut up."

He smirked. "Will you help me?" He inquired.

I raised my eyebrows. "You're serious? You want to stop messing with girls?"