His jaw tightens. "No," he says dryly. "But it won't stop me from doing anything else." I swiftly hook the diamonds on my ears and grab my mask before hustling out the door. "Shall we?"

Valentine follows me out and we embark his awaiting car, which is a sleek Aston Martin - fast and beautiful. The drive to the castle is quick and surprisingly silent, given the speed he''s going.

The car pulls up to a stop in front of wide marble stairs. A valet stands outside waiting for us to open the door. I put the mask on - It's delicate designs and colors matches the dress and covers the top half of my face. No one will know.

I open the car door and the valet helps me out with a hand. Waiting for Valentine on the steps, I halt and take his appearance in. He looks even more mysterious and sexy with the mask covering his eyes and nose. He graciously saunters over to me and leans into my ear. "You look good enough to eat," he whispers with a husky voice.

I look at those to are watching us ascend and I give him a playful smirk. "Unfortunately for you, dear, I don't let my dates eat me on the first date."

All eyes are on us as he lowers his face to my neck, leaving soft kisses, making me close my eyes in pleasure. "Then I can't wait," he growls.

If this is not so necessary I would have sliced his head off a long time ago for leaving his scent all over me. I dig my claws into his arm and he gives me a look of warning as his eyes flash darkly.

We have a mutual agreement on what we are to accomplish this evening. There was not a single concrete goal in mind, we are here to enjoy the night and wait for Datura to show.

The massive castle looms majestically over us with elegant decorations in every crevice. Black, gold and red are the primary colors displayed and crystals adorned chandeliers and doors. Vampires have been throwing masque's for centuries - this was their night of all nights. Butlers and chaperones are wearing simple masks covering only their eyes.

Vampires, who intermingle with humans in their crisp suits and beautiful dresses, file into a spacious ballroom. I wrinkle my face in disgust at their sad attempt to bring their food as temporary dates.

Valentine leads me to the ballroom with his hand resting on my back. Light music plays as everyone dances and sip liquor and blood. He glances up and smirks. I mimic his movements and for a moment I stand in awe and wonder as vampires casually hanging on the ceiling like bats. The ceiling mirrors the floor along with butlers waiting on attendees. A curiosity calibrates in me. Will I be able to do the same? It is quite an image, their clothes and hair appear normal, not hanging as I would have expected.

Everyone claps as the song ends and I take advantage of the moment by surveying the room. I stare back at unidentifiable faces and individuals. Queen Cassandra who stands with the King, gives us a small nod, acknowledging our presence.

A tall figure with a simple black mask appears before me, out of thin air, and graciously bows. I keep my composure as Valentine glares at the creature and then at me.

The vampire before me moves smoothly and lifts his hand to mine. "May I be so bold as to ask a breathtaking woman such as yourself to a dance?"

I smile and courteously look into his icy blue orbs and give a small nod and he takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor. "Of course, but to whom do I have a pleasure meeting?"

His youthful lips curve into a polite smile. "Philip, Duke of Vicaria." We stop beside another couple and his hand falls to my waist and the other gently grips my hand. "Do I get the privilege of knowing your name?"

"If I feel like you've earned it, then I will give you my name." I smile as his eyes twinkle with determination but flash with authority, evidently not believing what I have just said.