Chapter five

Arizona's P.O.V:
Being paged at 2:30 in the morning is pretty awful , but when you have nowhere to take you're 4 year old daughter, that's even worse. Quickly grabbing Sofia's bag, my purse and my sleeping daughter, I strap her into her car seat and drive over to Callie's apartment.
I carry Sofia and her bag upstairs quickly and knock softly on Callie's door, trying not to wake my baby girl. Callie opens the door slowly, and rubs at her eyes.

She's wearing small pajama shorts and a tank top, and her hairs thrown into a messy bun, but she still looks as beautiful as ever.
"Calliope, I'm so so sorry for waking you up at such an absurd time, but I was paged into the E.R. and I had nowhere to take Sofia, so I thought maybe you could watch her for a few hours?" I asked timidly.
"Oh! Of course, it's no worry really" she perked up quickly.
She took Sofia carefully from my arms, before grabbing the bag off my shoulder.

"Again I am so sorry for waking-" I started
"Arizona really, it's okay I promise" she smiled.
"Thank you" I whispered

I placed a soft kiss on her lips before rushing to my care to get to the hospital.

Callie's P.O.V:
I set Sofia's bag on the counter before taking her into my bedroom and laying her down in bed with me. Making sure she was asleep, I stroked her hair slowly, luring myself into a deep sleep.
Waking next, I heard the sounds of laughter coming from my kitchen. I wiped my eyes throughly and made my way towards the kitchen. I smiled slightly seeing Arizona and Sofia giggling and making breakfast.

I made my way towards Arizona and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. She around in my arms and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Morning beautiful, sleep well?" She smiled.
"Mhmm, like a baby" I smiled back.

"Callie!" Sofia cried, pulling on my pant leg.
"Good morning sweetheart!" I smiled picking up the perky little girl.

She giggled continuously as a placed repetitive kisses on her cheeks. I smiled and moved Sofia towards my hip and turned to face Arizona.
"What're you cooking?" I smiled
"Pancakes!" She giggled, flashing me a dimpled smile.

She set plates on the table and we all ate with easy conversation.

After cleaning up our plates, and getting dressed for the day, we went out for a walk to the park. I slipped my sunglasses over my eyes and grabbed Sofia's hand, while Arizona grabbed her other.

We walked quietly to the park before Sofia took off for the playground.
"Be careful baby!" Arizona called after her before we sat down at a bench right near Sofia to watch her.
"It's a beautiful day out" Arizona smiled, turning towards me and lifting her sunglasses off her eyes.
"I removed my glasses and smiled at Arizona.
"It really is, it's so warm" I looked up at the sky.

Sofia ran over to us and pulled on my hand.
"Callie! Come push me!" She giggled.
I smiled at Arizona and picked up Sofia and walked towards the swings.

I sat her in a swing and started to push her lightly. She giggled and swung her legs as she swung in the air.
After a few minutes of swinging, Sofia decided that she was done with the park. I picked her up at carried her over to Arizona before we started walking hand in hand to get lunch.

After lunch, we walked with a sleeping Sofia back to my apartment. We laid her on the couch before sitting at the island with glasses of wine.

"So calliope, tell me a little more about your family." Arizona smiled.
"Well, it's kind of a hard thing to talk about I guess, but I have a sister, I told you, but when I came out as gay to my family, they basically disowned me." I frowned.
"Oh calliope, I'm sorry" she sighed, grabbing a hold of my hand.

"No, oh no, it's okay really, it's in the past and I'm happy now" I smiled.

She smiled back at me before I cupped her cheek and kissed her softly. She smiled pulling back before pressing her lips against mine once more. Getting caught up in the kiss, we didn't even notice Sofia standing in front of us.

"Mommy? Why are you kissing Callie?" She asked.
We both pulled away abruptly before staring at each other shocked.

A/N: hey guys! I'm back!! So I know this isn't a great chapter and it's kind of short but I tried to put a little filler in here. I'll try to update more, but comment your thoughts!