chapter two

Arizona's P.O.V:
Today is the day. The day that I'm taking the breathtakingly beautiful Calliope Torres on a date. When I asked Callie on a date yesterday, I never expected her to accept my offer. I wasn't sure she was gay, or if she was interested in me. But I went for it and she accepted my offer.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was so nervous to take calliope on our first date, that I could barley concentrate. I had already dropped Sofia off at my mothers so I prepared myself for our date.

After taking a fairly lengthy shower, I started on my makeup, making sure it looked perfect. I applied little makeup, but enough so I looked presentable. I settled on light foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. I curled my hair softly and went to my closet to look for the perfect outfit.

I decided on a tight red dress that suited me perfectly. It ended at my mid thighs and showed just enough cleavage. I slipped the dress on and slipped on a pair of black heels before grabbing my purse.

Grabbing my keys I made my way to my SUV and started my car. Before driving a shot Callie a short text letting her know my whereabouts.

I'm on my way. Be there in 10 ;) - A

I smiled slightly at her reply, feeling like a stupid teenager.

Okayy.. See you then :) - C

I pulled out of my driveway and made the short drive to calliopes apartment. Parking my car, I made my way into the building and pressed the 3rd floor button in the elevator. I waited patiently before stepping off and making my way to Callie's door.

I took a deep breath before knocking softly on the door. I waited a few moments before the door was opened by the breathtaking brunette.

She was wearing a tight purple colored dress that ended mid thigh, showing me her perfect cleavage and toned legs. Suited by a pair of tall black heels.

"Wow, you look- wow" was all I managed to say to the smiling Latina.
"I could say the same about you" she winked.

She closed her apartment door and we made the short journey to the elevator. Stepping inside and pressing the lobby button, I gulped standing right next to calliope.

Neither of us spoke, scared for what we'd say to the other. I knew if I let anything come out of my mouth id take things too far rather quickly.

We walked quietly to my car before getting in on opposite sides. I drove to the fancy restaurant we were attending and parked the car. After getting out, we made our way quietly to door.

Callie opened the door for me and I offered a shy smile at the taller woman. Stepping inside, she sat a hand on my lower back guiding me inside, causing butterflies in my stomach.

"Reservation for Robbins" I said politely.
"Right this way" the man said leading us to our table.

Calliope never removed her hand from my waist until we sat down facing each other at the table. I ordered us both a glass of wine before turning to the Latina and staring a conversation.

"Tell me about yourself calliope" I smiled before taking a sip of my wine.

"Well my full name is Calliope Torres, I am from Miami, I have one sister and I just recently moved to Seattle a few years ago so I could start my day care" she smiled.

"Arizona Robbins. I don't really have a place I am from. I was a military brat, so I moved every 18 months, I have a brother Timothy, who we lost in Iraq a few years back, I've lived in Seattle for about 5 years now, and it's just Sophia and me, I had her two years ago and unexpectedly but I wouldn't change it for the world" I looked down shyly.

"I'm so sorry Arizona I had no idea" she set her hand on top of mine causing me to smile sweetly at the younger woman.

"It's okay calliope, really you didn't know" I bit my lip softly, looking away from her beautiful eyes.

The conversation flowed easily between the two of us as our dinner carried on. I had an amazing time with Callie and I knew that'd I would definitely enjoy doing this another time.

We both enjoyed a few glasses of wine, causing us to both be slightly in a hazed state. Paying for dinner I stood up slowly and grabbed my purse, as did calliope.

I offered a small smile and we made our way to the exit of the restaurant. Standing next to Callie she took ahold of my hand, lacing our fingers together.

I looked up at her and smiled. She smiled back instantly as we made our way back to my car. Walking the short distance, I opened the car door for her, allowing her to get in.

"Thank you" she smiled at me.
"You are very welcome" I winked at her before making my way to the drivers side of my car.

Driving back towards her apartment, I parked the car in the same spot I was in when I picked her up.

We both exited the car and made our way towards the building and into the elevator. To say there was sexual tension in the elevator would be an understatement. I could practically feel the heat coming from both of us radiating in the tight space.

Walking Callie to her door she turned her back to the door and faced me.

"How about you come in and we have a glass of wine and just talk, you know continue this date just a little longer" she smiled confidently.

"That sounds perfect." I bit my lip and followed calliope into her apartment.

After removing my shoes and coat and setting it on the counter along with my purse, I made my way to sit on the couch. I smiled as Callie made her way into the living room, carrying two glasses of white wine.

She sat next to me and I turned my body so I could face her, accepting the tall glass of wine.
I took a sip of it and rested my eyes on the woman in front of me.

"I want to get to know you more Arizona, tell me even more about you" the Latina smiled at me sweetly.

I knew that this would be a fantastic night, just by being with Calliope. I knew that I was already really into this girl. But when Callie spoke to me I knew she felt something too.

A/N: hello everyone! So I have decided to continue this story. I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter but let me know your thoughts and ideas!