Chapter three

Callie's P.O.V

Spending my night with Arizona was beyond amazing. She was an intelligent, loving, beautiful woman and I can already feel myself developing feelings for the bubbly blonde.

We ended our night pretty late yesterday. After dinner she stayed at my place for a few hours while we drank wine and talked. She didn't get to leaving my apartment until nearly 1:00.

I woke up the next morning with a slight headache, but I smiled recalling the events of the night before. I made my way to the kitchen and downed some aspirin and started the coffee pot before getting ready for work.

I settled on a pair of dark jeans and a red long sleeved shirt, that showed a little more cleavage than necessary. I grabbed my purse and keys before making my way to the daycare.

I walked down the street and entered the day care, smiling to myself as I stepped inside. I really loved this place, I loved working with the kids. Everything about it made my day better.

I had a few parents sign their kids in and drop them off while I filled out some necessary paperwork. I looked up from my work and smiled when I saw Arizona holding Sofia in front of me.

"Hey" I smiled brightly at the shorter woman.
"Good morning" she winked before turning towards Sofia.

"Can you say hello to miss Callie baby?" Arizona smiled at her daughter.
"Hi!" The bubbly little girl spoke while bouncing in her mothers arms.

Arizona leaned forward and signed in her daughter before taking her into the necessary room and dropping her stuff off with Mackenzie. I could hear the mother daughter duo have a small conversation before Arizona made her way back to my desk.

"I had a lot of fun last night" she smiled brightly leaning against the desk.
I licked my lips slightly at the sight of her full breasts as she leant forward.

"I did too, thank you" I smiled up at the blonde.
We locked eyes again before I spoke.

"I'd love to do it again. How does tomorrow sound?" I looked at the blonde.
"Mm it sounds fantastic but I can't pawn Sofia off with my mother again" she sighed playfully.

"How about you come to my apartment, you can bring Sofia too. We can order in and watch a movie all three of us" I smiled.

The older woman's eyes lit up with excitement at my idea of our upcoming date.

"Are you sure? I mean sometimes a kid can be a deal break-" she started.
"Of course I'm sure. She's an angel, just like her mommy" I winked playfully.

Arizona blushed a deep red before looking at the time on her phone. She sighed sadly.

"I have to go, I can't be late, I have an early surgery. But I'll definitely accept your offer for tomorrow and I'll be picking Sofia up around 1, I get off early" she smiled cutely.

"Sounds perfect" I winked.
"Goodbye calliope" she smiled before exiting the doors.

After four hours, and multiple drop offs and pick ups later, Arizona arrived to pick of Sofia.

"Hello calliope" the blonde smiled up at me.
"Hi, Sofia's just in room one over there if you want to go get her" I smiled at the mother, watching her walk off to pick her daughter up.

I smiled as I watched her walk back and babble on with her daughter.
"We're you good for Miss Callie baby?" The blonde smiled at the bubbly brunette.

"Extra good!" The two year old giggled.
"How was she?" Arizona turned to me and smiled.

"An angel as always" I winked at the blonde, causing her to blush and turn to look at Sofia.
"Mommy I hungry. Lunch time?" The small girl asked her mother hopefully.

"Yeah baby girl, it's lunch time. We'll go eat lunch in just a minute" she giggled slightly at the small girl.
She turned to me before getting a slight sparkle in her eye and smiling.

"Do you want to come get lunch with us calliope?" She smiled sweetly.
"I would, let me inform Mackenzie that she will be closing today, and I'll get myself together" I winked at the shorter blonde.

I walked off, hearing the slight babble of the two year old behind me.
I informed Mackenzie of the situation, and grabbed my purse, heading towards Arizona once more.

"I uh- walked here this morning, seeing I live awfully close, so would you two mind if I rode with you?" I asked kind of nervously.
"Of course not calliope, that would be wonderful." The blonde smiled before heading out towards her car.

After strapping Sofia in and getting herself into the car, we made the short journey to a small diner not too far.

Arizona got out and picked up Sofia, before smiling at me and making our way to the doors.
I opened the door for Arizona and set my hand on her waist, urging her inside, following closely behind.

She smiled up at me, feeling me touch her back before walking over to the waiter to request a table.

After being seated next to Arizona and across from Sofia's booster seat, we looked through the menu quietly.

"Sofia, honey what do you want to eat?" The blonde looked at her daughter smiling.
"Mac 'n cheese?" The little girl smiled hopefully.

"Yeah baby, you can get Mac and cheese" the blonde smiled at her daughters actions.

We ordered our meals and drinks, before falling into an easy conversation. After a few minutes, I noticed Sofia start to get squirmy.

"What's the matter baby?" Arizona looked confused at her baby girl.
"I gotta go potty mommy" the girl pleaded.

"Okay baby I'll take you" she smiled.
"Can Callie take me?" She said smiling.

Arizona turned too look at me in approval, I offered a smile and a nod before taking the small girl to the restroom. After allowing her to use the potty, and helping her wash her hands, we made our way back to our seats.

I strapped her back into her booster seat before taking my seat next to Arizona.

"Thank you" she smiled sweetly before setting her hand on my thigh and giving it a gentle squeeze.

I nodded slightly before taking her hand from my leg and intertwining her fingers with mine.
Her face lit up slightly and she smiled brightly at me, liking the feeling of my hand in hers.

I smiled looking at Sofia, then back at our intertwined hands.

'I think I could get used to this' I thought to myself smiling at the baby girl and her mother.