Friendship

Teresa's POV

Today has been boring, Thomas was absent because he had to get a stupid sports physical done and Aris was ditching so I'm alone all day.

I'm expecting Newt and Minho to sit back where they usually do, but to my surprise they sit with me.

"We need your help." Minho says as they sit at the table. I look up from my book, looking at them weirdly.

"With what?" I ask.

"Girls." Newt answers, glancing over at the cheerleaders.

I almost laugh, "And how could I help you with that?"

"Well, your a girl. How can we make a girl like us?" Minho elaborates. I just shake my head.

"Which girl are you pining for?" I ask him.

"That one." He points to a cheerleader, "her names Harriet. We used to date but I was a dick and cheated. I need her back." He explained.

"That will be tough." I say, "I'm not that good at this stuff, but I guess show that you care you know? Do a big gesture, preferably in a public place. Cheerleaders love that." I tell him.

"I like Sonya." He paints to another cheerleader. "She's one of the ones Minho cheated with." Newt says.

"Ya, I read the article just like everyone else." I laugh. I had to hold myself back from adding 'I even helped write it'.

"Ya ya, so what do I do?" Newt asks.

"I don't know, like I said I'm not the best at this stuff. Just ask her out and see if she says yes" I shrug.

"I guess." Newt says.

"God if only one of their families owned a store so we could 'coincidentally' walk in and buy a book." Minho laughs.

"Wait, Thomas planned how we met?" I ask surprised. I thought he had never noticed me before that.

"Of course, he's had a crush on you for a while, of course we didn't know about it until you were halfway together." Newt rolls his eyes, "The shank never tells us anything."

I smile. he did notice me I think. It must have shown on my face how pleased I was because Minho and Newt both burst out laughing. I roll my eyes at them but keep smiling.

The bell rings and we all groan.

"Good luck on your girl troubles." I laugh and walk to my next class.

As I'm walking the hallway I see Brenda and her little posey coming towards me. I look around to see if the glare Brenda was giving off was at me, and sure enough we were some of the only people in the hallway.

"Listen nerd, I don't know what you think your doing pretending to be popular but you need to back off my man." She says when she comes up to me. Her little minions nod and smirk.

"Your man? Last time I checked Thomas was my boyfriend." I retort. Brenda scoffs, I'm sure she's not used to people talking back to her makeup coated face.

"He won't like you for long, soon enough he'll get bored of your little nerd act and come back to someone who's worthy of him. Until then, have fun pretending to me someone your not." She says before annoyingly strutting away.

As much as I hate to admit it, her words got to me. I'm not popular, not really. I'm a nerd, and proud to be one, but what if Thomas got bored of that?

I shake it off. Any man who gets 'bored' of who I am doesn't deserve to be with me. I think to myself as I walk to my next class. Even Thomas

-/-

Taking the bus is hard on a normal day, but taking the bus when your used to a cute guy taking you home every day is torture.

Luckily, as always, Thomas saved me from this torture.

Thomas❤️: Bored without me?😉

I smile and text back.

Teresa💕: Not at all

Thomas❤️: Really? Not even a little bit?

Teresa💕: Nope, everyone was super nice and not annoying at all!

Thomas❤️: I sense sarcasm.

Teresa💕: You need to come back before I kill someone on this bus.

Thomas❤️: If you do I'll visit you in prison.

Teresa💕: How sweet.

Thomas❤️: Sarcasm again?

Teresa💕: Just a little.

Thomas❤️: Gtg, even when I miss a school day I can't miss practice😑

Teresa💕: aww. Tell Newt and Minho good luck with their cheerleaders.

Thomas❤️: Am I missing something?

Teresa: They can fill you in. Bye😘

Thomas❤️: Talk to you tonight😄

I put away my phone only to realize that we were already at my stop. Time flies when you're having fun right?

At home I do my usual, work in the store, do homework, watch TV, read, sleep. It's so boring and for the first time I realize how boring it is.

For some reason my petty life just isn't cutting it for me anymore and I wonder why. Then it hits me, I can't handle living without Thomas.

I got a taste of life with friends, a boyfriend, and everything fun and I've realized that it'll all go away with one guy. How can I deal with that? He won't stick around forever, no one ever does.

A/N

I apologize for being inactive but this time I have a good excuse, I've had a lot on my plate recently. Tomorrow I'm preforming in a musical and I've been preparing for that, I have stupid standardized testing messing me up and teachers have been piling up the homework. Again sorry, I'll try harder to update more.
-Emma