Epilogue: The Anniversary

Start from the beginning

He stood from the bed and he was about to leave when I grabbed his hand. I stared at him in horror. "Where are you going?"

"I will call and inform them that I need to cancel this party."

I stared at him for a moment before bursting into laughter. "You will not do such a thing. I'm fine, Rafe. I am not experiencing severe morning sickness, unlike most pregnant women. The doctor told me I am lucky not to experience morning sickness. Besides, they are probably traveling nowhere as we speak we cannot send them away. We're going to be rude."

"Are you sure?" He still looked unconvinced.

I nodded with a reassuring smile. "Yes."

Rafe Moretti's POV

A few hours later, my wife and I greeted our visitors in our home. This was a double celebration of our wedding anniversary and housewarming. I still wasn't sure if this was correct to continue this celebration after Coco told me that she's already pregnant with my baby.

Pregnant...that word made my heart warm just at the thought of it. Finally, I would be going to be a father, at last. She left my side when she saw Lucia arrived. It took Coco's a lot of effort to persuade and convince her to come. She informed my wife that was avoiding her brother for almost half a year now since that 'incident'.

"So," Marco Orsini dragged me back to reality. I never thought that I would become friends with these guys when they consider me as an enemy before but things were different now. "We should give you an award, Rafe. You are the strongest contender for the pulling-out game. Hell, even a great man like me couldn't pull out last minute. Your willpower was out of this world. I salute you but sadly too many sperm had been wasted they might create cute little ones."

"Is he drunk?" Nikos asked the duke in abhorrence. "What the devil he's talking about sperms in broad daylight?"

The duke shrugged casually, sipping his champagne. "Aren't you used yet to his...how should I say this...peculiar talk?"

"Hey, I just want to point it out that he's not getting any younger he should start his duty in continuing their dynasty. Christ, I now sound like my Nonno." He looked at us with disgust on his face. He's really overacting most of the time.

I shook my head while the smile couldn't help but slipped on my face. And I want him to stop irritating me with his snide remark. "I just want to inform you that Coco is now pregnant with my child."

Marco's face lit with soaring pride. "Well, that's the best thing you said to me Rafe since we met. You made me so proud of you finally." He looked heavenward and muttered something like a prayer. "Thank you for letting him comes to his sense."

"Oh, this should be interesting," Nikos remarked, looking across the lawn.

"What is it, Nick?" The duke asked.

Laila's husband smiled thinly. "Leandro finally caught his younger sister. Leila said that the younger Salazar is avoiding them since the incident six months ago."

That pique Marco's attention. He looked at his friend with a sudden interest in the subject. "Incident? What incident?"

"It seems that Lucia Salazar finds herself with a stalker six months ago. Leandro and Leila hired bodyguards to protect her all the time but she refused to have bodyguards despite her brother and sister-in-law's dismay."

We all silently looked at the reunion between the Salazar siblings not far from us.

Lucia Salazar's POV

"Can we talk, Lucia?"

I closed my eyes when I heard the familiar voice of my brother. I should have known that coming here would be a mistake. There was a hundred percent possibility that I would encounter my brother here but Coco insisted. I turned around to face him. "Hello, Leandro."

"Can we talk privately for a moment?" He inquired, eyeing Coco beside me. "This will not be long I promise."

Coco smiled understandingly to us. "If you want privacy you can use Rafe's study room on the first floor of the house. It's located at the far end of the hallway."

"Will you go first in the study room?" My brother asked, pulling out his mobile phone in his pocket. "I will just call someone. He's supposed to be here any moment. I'm just going to inquire if he lost his way here."

"Is this necessary?" I asked in annoyance. I knew where this conversation would lead. I don't want to talk about this matter now. I repeatedly told them that I'm a grown woman I could handle a stalker.

"Yes, this is a serious matter." He answered, dialing someone on his phone. "This is about your safety, Lucia. Go to the study room I will follow you soon."

With an angry sighed I walk inside the room and find the study room of Coco's husband. I knocked three times before coming inside. I don't want to barge in like it was my house what if Rafe Moretti was inside? I looked around when I saw that no one is around. I closed the door firmly behind me and walk further inside the room. What a spacious room, I thought silently. Everything inside this room was meticulously arranged.

I sat on one of the leather chairs facing the study table. I pulled out my phone and checked my schedule. I sighed deeply when I saw that I have a very busy week ahead of me. It was a miracle that I squeezed this party into my over-tight schedule. Adding more appointments on the following week that I noted inside my head before hopping to a plane and go here.

I barely have time to breathe due to my work. When I was done and still no sign of my brother I opened an app on my phone and starts playing games. Fifteen minutes later I get tired of waiting for Leandro I had enough. I stood from my chair and I was about to leave the room when the door suddenly burst to open. "About time you show up bro..." The words died in my mouth when I saw that it was not Leandro but... "Y-You...what are you doing here?"

"Hello, Señorita."

My heart thundered in my chest, the sound my heart was making right now was so deafening. I blinked several times making sure I was not just hallucinating. "What are you doing here?"

He smirked at me, raking his gaze off me from head to toe. God, why he must look sinfully handsome in a suit. "I'm here to meet your brother. Because a certain young lady is refusing every bodyguard my agency is providing for her safety."

I felt my cheeks heated considerably. "I don't need a bodyguard. I can take good care of myself."

"Haven't I told you before?" He advanced further inside the room. I instantly took a step backward until I hit the study table. "Be careful."

"W-What are you going to do?" I asked nervously, trying not to flush when he starting to close the distance between us. "I'm not scared of you, you know. And stay back my brother will be here any moment."

"Why do you look scared? It's not as if I'm going to kiss you, señorita. I keep my distance with my clients." Even if he assured me I couldn't miss the way his gaze linger in my lips longer than necessary before focusing on my face.

"Good!" I said coldly. "If you're going to talk to my brother I will leave you in peace here. You can wait for him here I need to go." I was about to walk away when he blocked my way. Goodness, what's wrong with me? He's not even touching me but merely standing in front of me blocking my way yet I couldn't get past him. I couldn't move. "Excuse me."

He smiled devilishly. His eyes glinted with profane light. "No, you are no excuse."

I stared at him in disbelief. What an arrogant man he is! Oh, how I hate him. "Whatever talk you have with my brother I don't care. I don't have anything to do with it."

"I beg to differ, princess."

I was about to retort when I saw my brother in the doorway. "Sorry, I'm late. Good thing you two are here. I will save the introduction since you knew one another. Lucia, I want to inform you that Diego will be your permanent bodyguard whether you like it or not."

I gaped openly at my brother. "You got to be kidding me!"

"It's final, Lucia." My brother said firmly.

Leandro couldn't see this man's reaction since his back was on my brother. But it was crystal clear the smirked he threw in my direction, he's goading me. "I'm back, Señorita Lucia."