Chapter 29: The Realization

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Coco Spencer's POV

"Will you stop pacing, Coco? You're going to leave a hole in Patri's favorite room." The gentle reminder with a hint of amusement came who the woman sitting on the sofa casually while rocking the baby in her arms.

I glared at her in frustration. Since my three-hour-long journey from London her father's men and the man she asked for help hadn't called yet. It's eating me alive since there was still no news about Rafe's abduction. "Seriously, Leila?" I asked her in annoyance. "How much time is needed to find a man kidnapped in this small town of Sicily?"

From the looked on her face she wasn't a bit worried about my husband—or rather, ex-husband—I corrected myself. Here she was playing with her son making funny faces enjoying the giggles from the little boy. She smiled at me warily. "This may be a scant town but trust me they are doing their very best to locate Rafe. Take it easy I'm sure we'll hear from them soon enough. Don't worry. Even my cousin Enzo who is trained in special forces is already helping."

"How long do I have to wait?" I inquired with the growing irritation inside me each passing second of waiting.

"You've waited long enough to see Rafe." She said with a wicked glint in her light green eyes, staring at me. "I'm sure you can wait for few more hours before you can feast your eyes again with his godlike beauty."

I threw an acid look in her direction. Trust Leila who couldn't resist giving snide remarks at times like this. I should have known that she was not the type of woman who would let it passed to give side comments about our divorce. "If I could only access my money I will use every penny of my inheritance just to find Rafe..."

"But you can't." Leila reminded me harshly with a devious smile on her face. "Since you are now a divorced woman you can't touch your inheritance the downside of having a witty grandfather." She looked heavenward. "God, rest his soul."

I sat beside her on the sofa, looking deep into her eyes. "That's why I'm asking for your family's help. I will do anything you want just bring back Rafe to be safe and unharmed."

A quirked smile form on her lips. "You should have known by now never promise me anything in return for my help, Coco. I'm a wicked and unruly lady you might find yourself in a dire position just to repay my kindness."

My mouth gaped in astonishment. "You like living by the names the people dubbed to you, isn't that right? Even in this kind of situation you can't help but showcase your rebellious side even after your marriage."

"That's correct." She replied cheerfully, smiling down at her baby. "One should not reduce herself to being boring once she's married. Leandro accepted all my flaws and put in mind that he cannot change the way I am. I'm sure Rafe will do the same for you if you only give him a chance to prove it."

I decided that I didn't like where this conversation was leading. So I completely changed the subject. "I'm curious, though. Does Laila know that Rafe was kidnapped? I mean, I haven't seen her since I arrived. I'm sure she wants to know the update."

She shook her head with an amused smile. "Changing the topic will not get you off the hook, dear. I'm warning you sooner or later your harsh decision to divorce that poor man without giving him a proper explanation will bite you in the rear."

"Leila..."

"You broke his heart," She said ruthlessly without giving me an inch. "He confessed his love but you threw it back in his face like it was nothing. With his Sicilian pride being tarnished by a woman again, I'm pretty sure when he comes back from this kidnapping incident he is a hardened man." She eyed me slyly. "I'm sure only a woman with guts will influence to win back the man he once been."