Chapter 30: The Ex-wife

Whenever you want to marry someone, go have lunch with his ex-wife.

-Shelley Winters

Coco Spencer's POV

It's been four days since I moved here to Sicily to win back the man I love. But so far I was not making any progress in breaking the walls he built around his heart. I haven't had a proper conversation with him since our first encounter at the great library of the Fiorenza palace. Every question I asked was only answered by yes or no.

Heck, it felt like we're on a game show where I've been the host and he was the freaking contestant. Leila was right this man was giving hard time forgiving me. I was one step away from throttling his neck with his cold demeanor to me...

Yes, that's it. I told myself with conviction. If he's still going to give me cold shoulder this morning during breakfast I would tell him—that's it I quit! Just wait and see Rafe Moretti I have enough of you.

My trail of thoughts was momentarily interrupted when my mobile device sounded from the kitchen counter. I turned off the burner gas stove to answer the phone call. "Hello?"

"Coco, it's me." I heard the familiar voice of Lucia Salazar. "It's so hard to catch you up later. You're as slippery as an eel."

I frowned at the comparison she used. "Hey, Lucia. What's up?"

I heard her laughed sweetly on the other line. "I'm in a dire situation. I will cut the chaste of this phone call, Coco. Actually, the reason I called you is that I need your help."

"My help?" I echoed placing the dish I cook on the breakfast table. "What kind of help? To tell you the truth, I am not in London as we speak. I'm here in Sicily—"

"I know, my sister-in-law informed me."

I stopped from the track and stared sightlessly in front of me. "Oh? Is that so? What kind of help do you need from me, anyway?"

I heard her sighed deeply. "Truthfully, if you are kind enough to help me with my current problem I will be eternally grateful to you."

I raised an eyebrow at her statement. I leaned on the kitchen counter and became interested in her problem. "I'm listening, Lucia."

"You see," She started, taking a deep breath. This really sounded serious than I thought. "I made the most fabulous wedding gown for my latest collection and I'm planning to hire a model to wear this gown and have a photoshoot somewhere exotic place."

My jaw dropped at her announcement. I knew where this conversation would lead and I hate to turn down her offer. "I'm sorry, Lucia. You know how much I love you but I cannot help you with this thing now. I have very important things here in Sicily. I can't afford to travel somewhere with you right now. You should ask Leila I'm sure she can help you she can be your model."

I heard her sighed again. "She's my first choice. But she refused me. She told me that she would not fit in the gown because she still has her post-pregnancy weight. Her twin sister is not an option also because she's heavily pregnant. Then she recommended the wives of her friends. Tatiana Cavelli refused to tell me that modeling is not her forte that she's too shy to pose on the camera while Francesca Orsini turned down also saying that her unreasonable husband doesn't want her to be featured in glossy magazines or billboards."

"Oh..."

"You are my last hope, Coco. Please?" Lucia said on the other line. "Will you help your friend to become successful in the fashion industry?"

"Err...I don't know what to say." I ran my fingers in my hair. I want to help her but... "Why don't you just hire a professional model for the job."