Cassie

"And then she was all like, yeah totally!" Brianna rambled, obviously unaware that I'd lost interest in her little tangent ages ago. "If you were telling me some sort of story or something, I wasn't listening," I admitted. We were standing outside, waiting for Sophia to show up. "You know that's rude right?" Brianna snapped, obviously offended. As if Brianna wasn't rude all the time. "Hey guys," said Sophia, walking up behind Brianna. "Hey, there you are! So what happened at the tree trunk yesterday?" I demanded, dying to know what we had missed. "Yeah, sorry I couldn't make it. I was working really hard on that project," Brianna said, batting her eyes innocently. "You didn't even help me...at all," I said, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "Well anyway, my mom said that when Elita feels love and pain at the same time she'll get her powers," Sophia explained. "What? How?" I questioned, confused. "We don't know. Gosh, it is so windy today!" Sophia complained, brushing her hair out of her face. "I know, It's like freaking me out, because, like why is it so windy you know? Maybe it's Elita's powers," Brianna suggested, gasping at her own idea. "That is so dumb Brianna! You are so dumb," I grumbled, face palming. "Excuse me, don't be disrespectful please, thank you," Brianna sneered, tightening her ponytail. "Wait a second Brianna, that could happen. Elita would have to be extremely powerful to control the weather, but it is possible. All this wind could be her," Sophia said, looking thoughtful. Brianna let out a little "huh!" to let me know that I was wrong and she was right. "Ok, well that's great, but it doesn't mean that Elita is experiencing love and pain at the same time does it?" I asked. "Well, for once, I don't know," Sophia admitted. "Wait a minute, guys, this is really easy," Brianna said, her eyes widening with realization. "Oh is it really Brianna? Please enlighten us with your wonderful ideas," I joked. "Uh, heartbreak, duh!" Brianna replied, as if we were the idiots here. "Brianna that's it! How did you know?" Sophia exclaimed, shocked by Brianna's sudden knowledge. "I'm talented of course," Brianna replied proudly, her intelligent moment over. "Being talented has nothing to do with thinking," I told her, shaking my head. "Actually, I'm like a really talented thinker, it's one of my favorite pastimes. I'm actually going to the Olympics for it, so thank you," Brianna bluffed. "Ok, guys, it doesn't matter, we need to go find Elita, someone has to break her heart!" Sophia said, running off to find Elita. But then she froze. "Wait a minute, this is terrible, she's just going to get hurt," she realized. "But she's gonna save the Aspens so it's ok!" Brianna sang. "No it isn't, stop talking," I replied.