Livia

I was taking a walk around the school. I wasn't exactly the walking type, but ever since the dance I've changed. I'm seeing the world in a whole new way. I thought about bringing my phone and some earbuds and listening to some music, but I decided against it. I just wanted to listen to the noises around me. The breeze, the birds chirping, the...feet crunching? I paused, listening hard. Those were feet, and they weren't mine. I hid behind a nearby tree and watched as Sophia and Cassie appeared around the corner of the school. They were talking, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. They walked a little further before stopping and looking around. Sophia seemed to be searching for something. I thought they were about to keep walking but Sophia suddenly hoisted herself onto the bricks surrounding the school and walked into the mulchy garden. Cassie wasn't following her, it looked like she was reluctant. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I could tell Cassie was yelling, her voice a high pitched squeal. They disappeared behind the thick brush. Weird. I came out from behind the tree, walked over to the garden and hid behind some bushes to eavesdrop. I heard Cassie shriek some more before Sophia finally shushed her. I could hear a boy's voice now. Ben. If I strained my ears I could just barely make out what they were saying. "Like how we didn't just pass out from something we ate?" Ben was saying. They were talking about the dance. I watched and listened a while longer, wondering the whole time if I should reveal myself, but I decided to stay hidden. They were sitting on a log now and Sophia had a lap top open. I stood up from my crouching position and got a little closer. "Well, I think I know someone who could help, she's helped me before but she could be dangerous," Sophia said. "Who is it?" asked Cassie. "It's my mom," Sophia replied. I gasped loudly and was surprised to see that the three hadn't noticed. My mouth hung agape as the gears in my brain started working overtime. This was starting to make sense.