Chapter 1

Zavannah Young

I was suddenly awaken by the sound of my blaring alarm, I groaned and quickly shut it off. I rest my eyes for a bit wanting to stay in the bed longer but then realization hits me.

It's time to go to class. I mentally cursed, this is it. The moment I've been dreading ever since we came back home.

"He's still in our school." Zoe's voice echoed through my mind, I've already created a million scenarios on what might happen if we accidentally cross each other and the fact that I'm aware that it's impossible to not see him- is not helping me feel better at all.

He's just a guy like the other guys I've been with, I try to convince myself. Then I remember he's also the guy that broke my heart and made me not believe in love anymore.

I gasped when the hot water coming from my shower hits my skin. I really need to stop over thinking everything.

I wrap the towel around my wet body and quickly made my way to the closet to dress myself. After eating and kissing my Mom goodbye, I went to my car and drove off to school.

•••

The morning goes by really quick. My class was about to end when I felt my phone vibrate, Zoe has sent me a message to meet her at our favorite Chinese restaurant near our building for lunch.

Perfect timing, I'm starving!

When the bell rang I fixed my bag and made my way to the restaurant that was only a couple blocks away.

A woman that was in her mid-thirties greeted me when I got there, "Hello! Table for?" Before I could answer her, I noticed Zoe at the back sitting down, waving her hand. My eyebrows furrowed when I see him with two men.

I gave the woman a small smile gesturing that I'm with Zoe. The place was quiet and there weren't much people around, as I walk towards them I hear her squeal obviously excited for me to meet the people with her.

"You must be Ethan?" I started, looking at the guy beside Zoe before sitting down opposite to them.

Based on Zoe's stories, Ethan was the perfect boyfriend you could ever had. A gentleman that has a very calm aura, totally opposite of Zoe who's life of the party basically. When we were younger, she was the one who always pushed me to do things I'm afraid to do. I remember being annoyed at her but in the end I felt thankful that she's always there to give me a little nudge when I need one.

"And you must be Zavannah? I heard lots about you." He chuckled and offered his hand.

"Hopefully good stuff." I joked while shaking his hands.

"She's pretty, I'll tell you that." My attention went to the blonde boy beside me smiling in amusement, "Tristan." He adds, kissing the top of my hand.

I gave him a big smile, "not interested." He pretended to sob that made Zoe and Ethan laugh, "let me guess, every girl you meet swoons over you?" I'm not gonna lie, he's very good looking and judging how he acts, he definitely knows how to make a girl blush. I've met a couple men like him back in California.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He answers and winks at me that made me laugh and shook my head at the same time.

The waitress started to take our orders and soon enough our food is placed in front of us.