Chap. 24 • Silver

Start from the beginning

"Why would I do that?" I questioned. "She's the one who left."

"Because you love her, Antonio. Admit it. You're in love with Xena," he stated. "You're a fool for not stopping her."

I slammed my fists onto my desk, glaring at him as I stood up, "I did stop her, I did everything I could possibly do to make sure she didn't leave."

He raised a brow, challenging me, "Did you, Antonio? Because she's not here and I know you always get your way, no matter the circumstances."

I blinked, swallowing hardly, before glancing away with a clenched jaw, my fists turning white and I tightened them in anger and frustration. I heard him sigh, shuffling onto his feet.

"There's something you need to listen to," Claudio said, catching my attention. "And you need to listen before you act out."

I frowned and opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted when the door opened. Coco smiled coolly as she slipped into the room, my eyes narrowing in suspicion. She held herself with power and strength, like her best friend, as she walked to Claudio's side. A brief look was shared between the pair, secret message, before he gently pressed his lips on her cheeks, causing me to look away in envy. Coco took a seat whilst Claudio gave me a small nod before leaving the room.

"There's something you must know about us, Antonio," she began. "About who we are."

I slowly sat back down, gesturing to her to continue with a small nod. She sighed, crossing one leg over the other.

"The reason we don't tell anyone where we come from is to avoid being discriminated. Doesn't matter where we originate from, as long as we get the work done, it doesn't matter who we are."

"Who are you?" I asked.

A small smirk graced her lips, "I'm Cordelia Monroe."

"I know that," I growled in frustration.  "What's your point?"

"What about Xena?" Coco said. "Who is Xena?"

I frowned, "Xenia Doukas."

She shook her head, slowly, leaning back into her seat, "Wrong."

"Then who is she?"

The smirk never left her face, it was taunting me, challenging me, making me doubt everything I had known.

"Her last name isn't Doukas, Antonio," she revealed. "Kolsov. Xenia Kolsov, daughter of the Russian Mafia."

I paced up and down my office, rage bubbling within me whilst Coco watched me with disinterest. Her blue eyes taunted me, it made me want to kill her right there and then but for some reason I didn't. I should've. They were my enemies. But I didn't.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, coming to a halt in front of a family portrait that rested on the wall.

"Because she left for you," Coco answered. "We are assassins, we kill and when the job is over, we go home. But she didn't kill you and that's how this all began."

"I don't understand."

"You must be familiar with a man called Nikolay Petrov?" I nodded. "Well, he is our boss. If people want someone dead, they call him and he sends his assassins. We were the best in the business."