17 - "Go After Her You Idiot."

Jay's POV -

Lille looked amazing tonight, I can't believe that she's actually wearing something that I picked out for her.

But now, I'm finding it hard to take my eyes off her and I'm finding it hard to accept that she's getting a lot of male attention from the other guys that have been invited - I never thought I would be this jealous, but it's really getting to me that's talking to people other than me.

I mean, she hasn't even looked at me for more than two seconds since other people started arriving, and every single time I've tried talking to her, she's just walked off and started a conversation with someone else; it makes me wonder why I put all the effort in when she's not going to give anything back to me at the end of the day.

"Either stop looking at my sister, or I will break every bone in your body." Max said as he appeared beside me, a beer in his hand and looked around at the many girls he could have his pick off tonight; I'm sure he has already tried his luck with more than one of them though.

"What is the problem with me dating your sister? Don't you want her to be happy?" I asked, removing my eyes from her for long enough to actually look at Max and have a conversation with him.

"Because I don't want her ending up hurt, and I don't need someone messing with her head. She's been through a lot, more than some people realise, and I don't want her to gain something, just to lose it again when you're bored." Max snapped at me, like he actually thought I was going to do something like that to her.

 "I know more than you think I do, we were best friends and she did tell me a lot of things. I'm not a total idiot you know." I whispered as people walked past us, trying to work out what me and Max were talking about.

"And what do you know then?" Max said angrily, obviously annoyed that Lille had been telling me things that were probably never meant to be told to anyone and were supposed to stay between her and Max; like some family secret or something like that.

"I know about her last boyfriend, and I know about everything she went through at school, and I know about everything she went through when she was living at home. So, like I said, I know more than you think I do." I replied smugly.

"I warned you when you first came here to stay away from my sister, and I meant every single word of it."

"You might be able to tell your sister what to do, but you can't tell me what to do and you can't control me." I replied and, with that, I walked away from Max, leaving him stood there shocked that I would even talk to him like that because I wasn't willing to do as he told me; I had my mind set on something and I wasn't going to let it go this time around.

No one, not even Max, was going to change that and he wasn't going to make me leave his sister; especially when she was the one that started all this in the first place by kissing me back the other day and not pushing me away when I went to kiss her.

*

I looked at the time to see that it was getting close to midnight, but the party showed no signs of stopping; Lille had clearly drunk too much as she took to dancing on the tables and putting on a show for everyone else around her.

"Jay, are you jealous?" someone asked me, making me jump slightly as the spoke to me; I turned to where the voice had come from to see that it was Tom and Kelsey stood there.

"Pfft, I don't get jealous, especially not of someone who doesn't even know what she wants." I replied, looking away from her and the guys which were currently standing around her, encouraging her to keep going and carry on putting on the show that she was putting on for them.