12 - "That's Real Attractive, I Can See Why All The Girls Like You Now."

Jay's POV -

So, it's Rachel's birthday today and there are two things which have been planned for her - the surprise which Max has planned for her with the help of the others, and then there is the surprise which I have planned for her.

The others have no idea about what I'm doing for her, they all just think I'm taking her out for the day to keep her away while Max gets everything ready for tonight; it's probably going to be a messy night and everyone is going to have a lot of fun.

Today was the day that I was re-creating our first date for Rachel in the hope that she may remember something about how we used to be. And, as I've been told to do by Max, I've got to take her shopping and but her something nice for tonight.

But, also under orders from Max, to make it less obvious what's happening, I've got to buy her some other things as well so that she doesn't ask any questions. Although, with Lille that may be difficult because she likes to know everything and has a question for each answer you provide her with.

I knocked on the door of the George household and waited for an answer from one of the people I could hear shouting at each other. It sound like Max and Lille were arguing with each other again, which had been happening a lot lately, even when we tried to stop them and make them see that it was getting completely out of hand.

This is how everything was going before the accident happened - Lille was only drunk then because she wanted to prove a point to Max and she really wanted to get on his nerves more than she had done; of course, when alcohol is involved, it's never good. But now, Max blames himself for everything that happened.

Even though they're both as bad as each other if you ask me.

"Oh, Jay, come in. And why are you always being like this now?" Max shouted as he walked into the living room.

"I'm not being like anything, why do you have to treat me like crap, even on my birthday?" Lille snapped back angrily.

"Because I'm tired of everything now. For the past week now, you haven't bothered talking to me and you hardly want to see me. How is that fair?" Max replied.

"Your just jealous, like you always are and, if that doesn't change, then you're going to lose me forever." Lille shouted.

"This is all Jay's fault anyway. If you weren't spending as much time with him, then this never would have happened." 

"Excuse me, don't bring me into this. I haven't done anything wrong." I said, suddenly listening to what was being said as soon as I heard my name being mentioned, and not in a good way either.

"Would you rather that me and Jay were arguing all the time then and causing trouble for the band?" Lille replied.

"That's not what I mean and you know it's not. But-"

"Look, it was your idea for me to go out with Jay today, so don't even say anything." Lille sighed as she walked past her brother and over to the front door, checking her pockets for what I can only assume was her phone and keys, which she must have had because she looked at me with a smile on her face. "You ready then?" 

"Fine. I'll see you at seven then. I'll have your present for you then." Max replied, walking back into the room and throwing himself down on the sofa - I hoped that tonight was enough for Lille to forgive her brother and for them to be civil with each other, just for one night.

"So, where are you taking me then?" Lille grinned as we walked out of the door.

"You'll just have to wait and see, it's a surprise." I chuckled, taking hold of Lille's hand and wrapping my fingers between hers as we walked down the road with each other.