Ace of Clubs Ch. 2

I woke up to my queen screaming. She had nightmares before but his one seemed to be one of the worse ones. I would have to keep her awake for the rest of the night because if not they would return with a force. Even drugs didn't help her. I was born to be an assassin but this was too cruel of a life that made me want to kill her. She mourned her loss like with the regal of a true Royal but it was those last moments in that building that struck her hard and her giving the speech about it today didn't help. It reawakened old wounds that still festered under the surface that had just begun to heal. I didn't envy her. I remember my own first kill like it was yesterday when in reality it was over five hundred years ago. I was ten.

Shaking the old memories away, I quickly got up and masked the screaming as a simple hum of an air conditioner and checked the minds of the people in the hotel. Luckily, they hadn't heard her. I had been able to check minds since I had first meet the Ace of Hearts, not Victory but another one, the first Ace of Hearts. He had lived longer than any other Ace and he chose to live his life in secrecy. He gave me a small amount of power from him to be able to make my kills cleanly. It had worked. Chiding myself on the drawback of my thoughts, I burst into her bedroom and held her hands away from her face. She had been clawing herself. The scratches healed automatically when I pushed my power into her and she stared at me as if she didn't recognize me.

"You're safe," I told her and she didn't move. Her dark blonde hair was a mess and her gold eyes stared up at me in fear and confusion.

"My name is Aiden, my queen," I reminded her and the fear slowly retreated but I couldn't blame her for being afraid. They all had in the end.

"I saw him," She whispered quietly her eyes begging for something that I couldn't quite place. "He was reaching out to me but then she came and hurt him. She kept stabbing him over and over and I couldn't get to her because I was being held back by you but then when she came after me, you got in the way and I wasn't able to protect you and you went down...you looked up at me and smiled and said, 'live long my queen' and then she reached into your chest and stole your heart and she ripped it to shreds in front of me but then I woke up and I couldn't think, I just kept hearing this high pitched wail and I didn't know where it was coming from and...and I just want to sleep without her hanging over me," she uttered the last sentence with barely a mumble and her arms went around my waist. She had been terrified of the dreams and it seems that I end up showing up in them every once in awhile. She had her knees on the bed and I slowly picked her up off of it and pulled her close. This had happened one too many times and I was ready to get my revenge on Shelia as soon as physically possible. Mr. Withers told me to wait. She needed me right now and I didn't doubt it. Her shaking was enough to warn me.

People had wondered why I followed my queen around and it was simple. I followed her because if I didn't she would search for me. We had been the only two inside that building that wasn't either dead or an enemy and she hoped to relate to me in that sense. I don't mind. It was easier for me to track her down when I know where she is. Her hands gripped my t-shirt and I held her closer setting her down on the couch but she immediately pulled me down onto the furniture.

"Stay with me," She pleaded and I sat down calmly. She crawled into my arms and I held her as she wept. Fury bubbled up in me and I had the urge to hit something. Shelia had ruined our lives and the only way for her to get out of it was for me to do something. I just wish I knew what to do.

She quieted down after she had shed enough tears to soak the front of my shirt and she laid her head on my chest silently.

"I want to kill her," she informed me and I silently agreed with her. It was the best course of action to make this stop.

"I want to hurt her so bad that she screams and then starts coughing up blood with every scream she has. I want her to die slowly and torture her with every instrument known to man. I want to pull her arms and legs off and still keep her alive afterwards to slowly dissect her still living body while she's awake and without anesthetic. I want to pull out her still beating heart and show it to her as she cries out without anyone to help her. I want to humiliate her with every breath in my body but..." she trailed off after that and I felt her pain come back to the surface. She knew how to describe what she wanted pretty clearly. Of course, I could agree with her on every subject. It seemed like a good plan to me.