Chapter One, Awaken

Fuzzy lights made up his entire world along side screaming of familiar voice.
"NARUTO!!!" A red-headed pale figure was hovering over him alongside a pink haired one.
"Hang on Naruto! Hang on! I'll heal you!" The girl panicked. The blonde tried to move, but his head was full of what felt like knives. He groaned, but that only made the pain worse. The fox felt something warm and wet drizzle down his cheek into his hair. No, it was more than a drizzle, this was flowing much faster than just a drizzle "Gaara, try to stop the bleeding from his head while I heal his other injuries."
'Gaara.' The blonde thought. The Kazekage quickly tore a cloth of fabric from his cloak and pressed it on the blondes head. Naruto screamed out in pain as the small amount of pressure was applied.
"Sakura, I don't think the pressure is a good idea-" Gaara was cut off by the kunoichi snapping,
"Just do it Gaara!" The blurry Sakura was glaring at a terrified Gaara. The blonde could sense the fear and worry in the raccoon, and tried to smile up at him. That was an instant mistake, for some blood dripped into the blondes mouth, and pain shot through his head again. He bared the pain as he whispered out to the red-head.
"Out of all, Gaara- you were... my favorite.." The raccoons eyes widened, trying to figure out what he meant and he got a little closer to Naruto's face.
"Listen Naruto, we're gonna help you, we're going to heal you. We'll keep you safe... Just- hold on.." Those were the last words the fox boy heard before the lights dimmed, and the fuzziness faded into darkness.

Awaken
Awaken
...
AWAKEN.

Naruto's eyes flashed open widely and flickered over his surroundings. He swatted at the leaf that had taken to rest on his cheek and sat up quickly.
"What the hell..-" The blonde muttered. Just as quickly as he sat up, he stood up from the bed with ease. He looked around the Leaf Infirmary room confused, there was a light mist grazing the floor. Uncertain of what he would find, the blonde wandered out of the room in his little hospital gown, searching for the lobby.

There was one singular nurse behind the counter, and two patients in the lobby waiting to be seen.
'Probably for a cold or something.. old people...' The two older people in the waiting room stared at Naruto as he walked to the Nurses counter.
"Uhm... excuse me?" He called. The nurse responded with a raising of her eyebrows while staring down at what seemed to be a list of awaiting cases. "Erm... where are my clothes?" The nurse shot her eyes up at the blonde, a look of 'Are you serious' was clear on her face when she began to giggle.
"A-are you kidding? You don't need them here."
"What are you talking about?" Naruto stared at her confused and he shook his head hoping that it might clear his thoughts up.
"You seriously don't know? Oh honey, you're-"
"Naruto?" The fox turned his head to see a welcoming face of a well loved friend.
"Gaara! What are you doing here? Wait, did you arrive here in a hospital gown too? Where's my clothes?"
"Er no, I arrived in my clothes..." Realization of the situation spread over the red-heads face, "How about we go run by your place and get you dressed."
"Wait, but why wouldn't they be here?" Naruto was utterly confused. The nurse behind the counter looked from Gaara to Naruto and then back to Gaara. She raised her eyebrows at the raccoon, and he gestured to her showing that he had control of the situation.
"Don't worry about it, say.. why don't you wait outside for me, I need to talk to this kind young lady..." The blonde raised his eyebrows but complied.
"Alright.. see you outside.." He sighed, and exited the building.

__________________________
(A/N)

Yeah yeah, I know another Naruto story... originally I thought I would just write this as an original story but then I thought about it and it thought it would be an AMAZING Naruto story.. plus I already thought of a cover... I didn't find what I wanted, but I like this one just as much. Anyway, thanks to Gaarasonlyfriend for helping me decide what I wanted to do to start this story. They're really nice, and I love their GaaraXReader XD Totally reccomend <3 I hope you enjoy, I knew how this story would end before I even started it, and there are major foreshadowing bombshells thrown across this chapter. If you figured it out already, totally message me about it. NO COMMENTING THE ENDING IF YOU'VE ALREADY FIGURED IT OUT. I WILL THROW A SHOE AT YOU. (I hope you know I'm joking ((I'm full of empty threats)) I would never do that). Anyway, sorry for such a short first chapter, I hope you like it!