Chapter Two Wait.. Aren't You..?

"Wow... the place looks cleaner than usual..." Naruto muttered as they walked into his tiny apartment.
"Well... someone had to take care of it while you were away." Gaara shrugged.
"Oh.. thank you, Gaara." The blonde smiled at the raccoon and he grinned back and hummed his welcome. "Hey, is it just me that sees this light white colored mist on the ground?" This had been bugging the teen ever since he woke up.
"Oh uh- you're probably just tired and seeing things, after all you were in the infirmary for injury." Gaara smiled nervously. If the blonde was smarter, he would've seen right through the red-head, but all he did was ask a simple question.
"Injury? But I feel fine." He raised an eyebrow.
"You were in a coma as well Naruto."
"Oh, okay.." The fox smiled, and went to his drawer to grab his usual orange and black clothing. He slipped the hospital gown off as Gaara built a sandy wall between the two.
"About done?" The Kazekage called out.
"I can't find my headband.." Naruto mumbled, and the sand dissapated. The red-head gave the blonde a focused expression before he pointed to the dresser top.
"Naruto, it's right there." Gaara chuckled.
"W-what? That wasn't there before.." The fox raised an eyebrow looking down at the headband before slowly reaching towards it and picking it up.
"Alright.. come on, I want to show you something." The sand ninja smiled brightly as he took the blondes hand and lead him out of the apartment.

Several hours later, they both appeared at the desired destination.
"Wait... it usually takes a day to make it to the Konohagakure and the Sunagakure border... how did we get here in seven hours?" Naruto panted, trying to catch his breath that seemed to suddenly be knocked out of him.
"We traveled rather fast..." Gaara awkwardly responded.
"Why am I out of breath and you're fine?" He was still panting. The red-head chuckled,
"I've done a lot more running than you as of recently, you've been in a comatose for a long time you know." Gaara smiled before his eyes widened, "I forgot soemthing!"
"What?!" Naruto sat up straight but as soon as he had he was knocked to the ground by the force of the Kazekage's weight thrusted into his own. The both collapsed onto the ground, arms wrapped tightly around each other.
'Wait... when did I start hugging you?' The boy inwardly inquired. 'Oh well... not like I have anything to complain about.'
"I meant to do this when I first saw you... but then I had to talk to that lady and then I forgot when I went outside, and I just remembered it now..." The raccoon nuzzled into the blondes neck happily.
"I'm glad you remembered." The fox paused before continuing his sentence "Hey... Gaara? What was it that you wanted to show me?"
"Not now Naruto, this is sort of like one of those romantic moments in movies." Naruto grinned and looked down at the red mound that had taken a liking to his neck.
"Alright, Gaara-kun."

~Time Skip~

"Are you sure it's only been five minutes? It feels like it's been five hours.." Naruto groaned, back stiff from the rough ground.
"Yeah, it was seven fifteen when I tackled you, and now it's seven twenty." Gaara chuckled, pulling himself off of the blonde slowly.
"Maybe I'm just tired or something.. I guess you're right though.. you have to be,  this place hasn't changed a bit.." The leaf shinobi stared questioningly at his surroundings. "Hey... wait... is- is that-" The boy stuttered.
"Naruto? When did you get here?.. What happened?" A man with long black hair tucked into a long black cloak with small red clouds greeted the blonde.
"What do you mean? I've always been in Konoha, what are you doing here? I thought you were-" Naruto was cut off,
"Oh hello Itachi, pleasant seeing you again." Gaara smiled and made a motion to the Uchiha. 'Do not say a word- he hasn't realized yet'
The black-haired man mouthed the word 'oh' and nodded his head. Confused, Naruto turned and looked at Gaara, raising his eyebrows trying to get an answer. Gaara shook his head, best for him not to know right now.
"Well, nice to see you again Naruto-kun.. Kazekage-sama." Itachi bowed his head in respect about ready to run off.
"Wait!" Naruto shouted. The Uchiha turned his gaze toward the blonde. "Itachi... how's Sasuke..?" Itachi smiled at the blonde,
"Oh, don't worry... he may be a little upset right now, but that's just how Sasuke is. He'll be fine until he finds out about y-" Gaara glared a warning, "you doing such amazing and heroic things for Konohagakure." he quickly recovered.
"Why would he not be fine with that?" Naruto raised an eyebrow.
"He's got this weird notion of wanting to destroy the village, and at the same time be the Hokage." The black-haired man shook his head.
"Wh- that's confusing... but he does know that as long as I'm around he's not going to be Hokage. I will." He showed off his signature smile.
"Yes, that's true.. do send a message when you become Hokage, if it's not intruding on Gaara's plans, I'd like to sit and have a drink with you two." Itachi smiled, and took off.
"Well then.. that wasn't a part of my plan, but I don't feel like continuing this journey, I'm tired as well.." The Kazekage chuckled, and began to set up a tent.
"W-wait, where'd you get that?" The fox blinked.
"I've had it.. Naruto-kun, are you okay? You must be really tired." Gaara stared up into the blondes eyes concerned.
"I Uh.. I guess.. so." Naruto rubbed the back of his head before kneeling down and helping set up. 'I guess.. I really am tired..'

_____________________________
(A/N)

Wooh! I have the next two chapters written ;D thank you for your support on the first chapter, I hope you guys will like it even more as it goes along!