Chapter 44

Hi….

Presenting Chapter 44 which is dedicated to @EJAL31773 for the cover on the side:D:D

******

“No one ever told me that grief

felt so like fear.”

-C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“Shit” Keith muttered.

“What happened?” Rett asked confused.

“It’s Marissa” I heard him reply when I was about to jump out of the window towards Theo’s school.

We spotted Marissa lying close to the road. There was blood pouring from her wound in the head. It looked like she was forcefully pushed against a tree. I started panicking when I noticed Theo wasn’t with her.

 “Where is Theo?” I screamed.

“Glen… He took my baby” she sobbed and pointed her finger to her north before fainting. That was all I needed to run.

If Glen does anything to Theo then the fight will begin right then and there.

Rett, Keith, Cam and Terence were all running with me.

We were following his scent and by now we were out of the town and into some interior region of the pack.

“That’s Theo’s uniform shirt” Keith said pointing at the white shirt that was fallen near a tree. His white shirt that had blood spattered in it but it wasn’t Theo’s it was Marissa’s.

“Theo” I screamed loudly when I saw that.

My knees started shaking automatically. I was shivering and my heart was thumping loudly.

“Theo” everyone started screaming his name.

We kept on screaming and yelling his name again and again. Suddenly there was a very large gust of wind. It was almost like a storm.

The trees around us started shaking and dust flew everywhere around us.

When a tree was about to fall on me Rett pulled me towards him and held me tightly in his arms but that didn’t stop me from calling for Theo. I gasped when the tree fell on the ground in a thud almost blocking our path. The wind blew the dead leaves around us. It was difficult to stand straight and face the wind. Keith and Terence were holding on to a tree. Whenever we would try to run away the storm would block our path and hit right at us.