16. The Boy with the MJ (Not Michael Jackson)

Start from the beginning

Pain shot in her lower half and Delilah dropped the knife, arching forward. Her hair draped over MJ's face, the pain spreading across her waist line. MJ froze and stared up into the closed eyes of Delilah.

"Delilah. For seven sins, are you—"

"Yes," she wheezed and clutched her waist.

"Then fucking get off of me and let me see shithead!"

Delilah didn't even say anything and rolled off of her ex finance. MJ scrambled to her feet and kneeled down beside her. She put a pillow under Delilah's head, and put a hand on the belly. But as soon as her finger pad came in contact with her stomach, she shrieked and whipped her hand back.

"What?!" Delilah roared, digging her nails into the carpet.

"It's...holy shit. What are you going to do?" She gasped, holding her hand to her chest.

"Fucking get rid of itttttt," Delilah screamed at her stomach.

"Hush, hush," MJ soothed, stroking the top of Delilah's head. "It's not coming out just yet, dear."

"I still have time," she wheezed.

MJ shot back, surprised and quickly grabbed Delilah's hand. "You can't be serious."

Sweat broke down her brow and she screamed, "Does it look like I'm kidding?!"

"But Del—that's fucking with time! You can't fuck time!"

"Yet it seems to enjoy fucking me!" she shouted.

MJ closed her eyes and whispered several words before moving her hand over Delilah's stomach, careful not to get too close.

The pain began draining out of her stomach and MJ hissed, gripping onto her wrist as her veins grew red and green and purple.

Delilah gasped, back rising as the pain disappeared. It was a sharp pullout and her body slumped back to the floor in pants.

MJ hissed, clutching her wrist a bit longer before pulling away. "It'll slow down the baby," she said.

"Thank...Thank you," Delilah said.

She smiled and patted her stomach. This time, it was much easier to talk to someone.

"You're lucky you're carrying a life or else I'd fucking cut you in half," she said, and moved aside. "How long has it been?"

"Almost a year now," Delilah said. She stared down at her stomach, relaxing as the creature had stopped moving. "I think anyway. There are many nights that I can't remember."

"Whose is it?" she whispered. Delilah snapped her gaze up to her, surprised by the sudden quietness of MJ's voice.

She cleared her throat and averted her gaze. "It's Ryland's..."

She had a sharp intake of breath, moving over to stroke Delilah's head. "Oh, baby girl. How did you get yourself into that mess?"

There were many stories about Ryland and Delilah. Most were rumors and lies that passed down from world to world. The only people who really knew what happened was the universe—Delilah didn't understand the full story and neither did Ryland. Perhaps one day they would.

"I don't know," was all Delilah said.

She nodded, staring at her stomach for a little longer before getting up. "Well. I must be off then. I have no point in being here any longer." She shivered, brushing her hand up her arm. "I can already feel the human particles leech onto my skin. I don't know how you do it. The fact you're still lasting up to this point amazes me." A soft, dying sparkle in her eyes returns. "It almost reminds me of how much I missed that about you—your strength."

Delilah didn't say anything as she watched her ex fiancée get up.

"I'll try my best to warn people not to get you but there are no promises."

Delilah shook her head. "No. Don't tell anyone about...this. It will only make the situation worse."

MJ sighed, the thunder softly grumbling above them. "Okay." She paused. "Too bad you don't get fat when you're pregnant."

Delilah glared. MJ sighed, and added, "But just...be safe. And do something about that child before it's too late."

Delilah nodded and MJ leaned in at the last moment, planting a soft kiss on her forehead before her body began to disappear, dissolving into little dust particles that carried in the window and out the door.

She sighed, dragging her hand through her hair. "What are you doing to me," she said to the little demon inside of her.

Slowly, she sat upright again—feeling a little strange that there was no pain or kick in her stomach. The baby inside of her almost felt—dead.

Shaking the feeling off, her eyes flickered over the time on the microwave. "Shit," she mumbled and quickly stood up, her eyesight going hazy as she stumbled towards the counter. She grabbed the thing that Ryland wanted off the counter and snagged her coat on the chair. She didn't even want to fix the mess that MJ and her left and disappeared out the door, wobbling down the stairs. It wasn't until she was in the car when her vision was clear, including her senses.

But the thought of her ex visiting her and the look of her as she was ready to kill her was unsettling for Delilah. So she moved her hand over the radio and it turned on, a station switching as music played throughout her car. It was the Boys of the Dark.

The band made it to the radio.

Smiling a bit, she forced herself to get lost in the darkness her friends had created—and a little part of her wished, that perhaps she could just get lost forever.

+++

A/N

This story is coming to an end soon!

I really appreciate every vote and comment given to me.

Feel free to leave comments about my story. I love hearing from you!

Xx 3.14