One

Leigh

"Excuse me!" I shouted as I walk through a sea of people.

I continued running and running. Damn, my new boss will be so fucked if I'm late. "I'm pregnant! I have an appointment with my OB! Excuse me!" I shouted and people were looking at me as if I'm a celebrity. The people created a huge space for me to walk. I feel like Moses. I ran with my luggage and didn't mind who I'm passing through.

I hailed for a cab but no cab was stopping by. "Pregnant woman here! I need a cab quickly or I'll smack your asses!" People hopped off the cabs and I rode one of the cabs. Maybe I should buy a fake tummy later so that it'll be more effective. "Where are you going, mama?" That irritated me, a little. But I chose to do this. "Empire State Building." He started driving.

This new occupation should get me to New York Times. I want to be an editor for New York Times. Guess what? I'm working as a head writer at a tabloid called "C@UghT!¡!". Yup, it really is a tabloid.

--

"How much?" I asked to the cab driver. "Three hundred." My mouth hung open. "Excuse me?" He looked at the rear view mirror. "That's special. You're pregnant, it's traffic." I rolled my eyes at him and gave him the money. What the hell? Is it really that expensive here in New York?

I rushed through the elevators and pressed 75. This is gonna be long.

As the elevators door opened, I quickly ran over people and went inside the office with the logo "C@UghT!¡!" on it. "Hey. Where is Mr. Brahms office?" I asked the receptionist. "Look forward and go there." I thanked the woman and ran to the office.

I knocked at the door three times. "Come in!" His voice is like a foghorn, wow. I entered his office and he was facing back. "Okay. Call you later." He faced in front and put the telephone down.

Holy Shit. Am I in heaven because he looks so hot? And he's my fucking boss. "Ms. Pixton! It's nice to see you. Welcome!" He's like a fucking combination of James Marsden and Tom Cruise. "Oh well, thanks." Then I realized that I carried my luggage with me. So stupid.

"Here is your apartment and car keys. And your credit card to use when you're covering." He handed me those and I'm really freaking out. "Oh! And these are the papers so that you'll know all the things here in NYC!" I smiled at him and he smiled back with him looking at my eyes. I feel like there are angels in my back singing Hallelujah.

I went down at the parking lot and found my new car, a 2013 Subaru Legacy. It feels like a long time when I had my old car, in 2009. Sold it for my work. My old boss is a bitch. Ugh, let's forget about that.

I drove at the city and got the whole map posted at the windshield. Why is this city so big? Then I heard my radio play something. "This is the police. Please pull over." How the fuck can I pull over in the busy streets of New York?

Anyways, I pulled over and I rolled the car window down. "License?" I reached for my wallet and remembered that my license is, expired. I nervously gave the license. "Old license plus putting the whole New York City map on the windshield. That's a double ticket."

"I'm a newbie here." He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. "Well, enjoy your first day and try not to get caught again." He left and I felt comfortable.

I started driving again and kept thinking where can I buy a fake tummy?

--

"Hey hun!" Dad greeted as our FaceTime connected. "Hey Dad. I got my day messed up." His smile turned into a worried frown. "What made my baby's day messed up?" I furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a disgusted look. "Dad, I'm not your baby anymore. I pretended to be pregnant on JFK. The cabbie charged me three hundred dollars. The cop almost gave me tickets for old license and putting the NYC map on my windshield."

"I wanna go home..." He handed a fried chicken. "You want some of these?" He said as he put the drumstick in front of the camera. "Oh, dad. Stop! I just ate two big macs here. I'm lazy to cook." I laughed and dad had a smile plastered on his face. "Take care of yourself. Eat veggies, drink water. I miss you already."

"I miss you too." I replied. "Alright. Good night sweetie!" I smiled. "Good night Dad. Love you." He waved his hand. "Love you too." His face disappeared and I closed my laptop and put it in my table.

Tomorrow is somehow a big day for me.

// Author's Note //

New story!!! It will be funny and romantic 😍 Trust me. I prepared writing this story. Actually, I already have 12 chapters right now but ya know, you need to wait. 😉

Please vote and comment! Suggest some things also, it will help! Thanks pals!

Detective_Fallon