Chapter 2: Delusional

(Third Person & Kageyama's mind POV)

Hinata is here. He still is. I can feel him. I can see him. He's still here. Death? What death. Hinata is alive. He's right here. I'll go to practice again and he will be there.

Kageyama gets up from his cold bed, leaves he sheets all tangled up. Blank eyes, blank face, he changes into his school uniform.

Hinata.. He's there, I know he is. He must of went early to beat me. Racing, we always do that.

Kageyama runs out the door, leaving without breakfast. His eyes were clouded, it seemed that he couldn't see.

Hinata. Hinata. Hinata.

(Some time later at the gym)

Kageyama walks into the gym, after stopping by the empty club room to change into his volleyball uniform. Eyes still dull and blank, he opens the door.

You could hear the sound of volleyballs bounce on the floor for a few seconds. Then silence filled the room.

"K-Kageyama..." Sugawara muttered softly. The whole team's attention was focused on Kageyama. But Kageyama didn't seem to notice them.

Hinata. Hinata... I see him! There he is! He's running towards me, grinning.

"Hinata! There you are!" Kageyama yelled. He ran towards the court to the imaginary figure, everyone bewildered.

"Hahaha! I beat you!" Hinata smirked.

Kageyama's eyes went back to normal, everything seemed to make his world glow brighter now. He could finally see.

"Yeah, I woke up late. Whatever. I'll beat you tomorrow, dumbass." Kageyama stretched out his hand to hit Hinata. When he swung, his hand just sliced through the air.

Everyone watched Kageyama have his own conversation with "Hinata". The only thing that filled the room was Kageyama's voice and his delusions.