Chapter 16 (Figure this Out)

(Sorry it's been forever since I updated.... my teacher assigned two book reports at the same time. THANKS FOR 1K READS!!! And if you forgot where this ended last time I would go back a review the cliffhanger in the last chapter.)

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

"What are you talking about?" Dalton began to get out of the bed.

"I mean that the car is gone. I went out to get my phone and the car wasn't there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Dalton. I'm positive. You can go check too if you like."

"I believe you but let's go look again together."

"Oh and uh......  Can I use your phone to call my mom. I really need to update her on what has been going on. She's probably really worried."

"Yeah sure." Dalton look around the bed to find his phone. "Oh yeah I left it in my other pants." He walked into the bathroom and returned with his phone in his hand. I could tell that he was trying to turn it on. "It's dead."

"It's fine. I can wait for it to charge."

"Okay I'll get th..... Shit."

"What?"

"I left it in the car yesterday. I was charging it on the way up here."

"You're kidding me right I'm gunna go asked Ahnya if I can use her phone."

"The girl at the front desk?"

"Yep." I said walking out the door.

"Wait let me come with you." Dalton said from behind me. I heard him hurry to put his shirt on. Then I heard footsteps behind me. I started walking a little faster because I felt like I was going to cry again. I knew it wouldn't work though. He caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder to turn me around so that I was facing him. Now he could tell that I was about to lose it again.

"I'm sorry. It's just, it's been a very emotional 24 hours."

"You don't have to be sorry about a single thing sweet heart." Dalton said as he pulled me into his arms.

"Why do these thing keep-" I got interrupted by Dalton.

"Shhhhhhh. Let me go call you mother and you go back to sleep. Okay?"

I nodded and Dalton walked me back to the room. He sat on the edge of the bed as I scribbled down my mom's number onto to a piece of paper. He took it and started to walk out the door when I stopped him. 

"Wait."

"What?" He turned back and looked at me.

"If we tell my mom she'll just be worried, and that's the last thing she needs right now. I mean she's trying to find a job and Whitney is her center of attention right now. Plus, she'll get upset and blame you when it has nothing to do with you."

"Ellie we need to call her and let her know you're okay."

"But she doesn't know anything is wrong."

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?"

"For the time being yes it is."

"Well I'm still going to see what I can find out about the car. Will you be okay here for a little while." He planted a kiss on my forehead. 

"Of course. But where are you going?" I asked as he was standing up again.

"Not really sure, but I have an idea. I'll be back before five." He walked out the door after that and I glanced at the clock.

9:00 a.m.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Comment if I should have the next chapter from Dalton's POV or if I should just have them talk about what happens when Dalton is out.