Chapter 5(Decisions)

I walked all the way down to "Cool Beans" just as I did the first day we got her. The only other person that I had met here was Emily. I didn't really have a plan at the time but I really needed someone to talk to the whole situation about. I also knew that I was thinking about this way to much. The topic of guys is just really sensitive right now. I don't want people to be right about Alex and I, but at the same time I think I feel something for Dalton.

This where it complicated. I don't believe in love at first sight. It's the most fairy tale princess thing I've ever heard of. And I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm in love with Dalton, but I wouldn't want it to get there. 

I LOVE Alex. He is the nicest boy ever. It just so hard to be far away from him. It's only been a week and I already miss him so much.  Mostly at this point I just needed someone to talk about Alex with. I didn't feel like Dalton should be that person. Hoping that Emily was working I opened the door to the shop and felt a sigh of relief when she smiled at me from the counter.

"Back Already?" She laughed.

"Yeah. Um... Can I asked you something?"

"You just did. But yeah sure." 

"I know you don't really know me but I don't really know anyone here. I just really need someone to talk to. You don't even have to listen, just pretend you are." I paused for a moment. "What do you say. I'll buy you a drink."

"I'm in! Same things as last time?"

"Wonderful." I smiled as she brought out two watermelon coconut limeades and we sat down in two bean bags in back of the shop. 

We started off with talking about the simple things like family, age, and hobbies. I learned that she has always lived in Texas. She has a little brother and she is a year older than me. She will be attending the same college as Whitney in the fall.

After it began to feel less like I was sharing my life story with a complete stranger I began telling her about Alex. I shared with her everything from the very beginning, to all the school dances and dinner dates, and then to the part where I moved away and my life changed forever. I told her about how I was missing him so much. She said that she couldn't relate. Long distance relationships have never come into her life. I told her she was lucky because they were confusing. It like the whole world wants you to fail and be miserable. Despite everything that I shared with her I failed to mention Dalton. I wasn't sure why though. It's not like I had anything to hide.  I thanked her and she gave me her phone number for future vents if needed. I walked home thinking the whole way.

When I got home my mom and I actually did go shopping. But the whole time I just kept thinking and thinking. I came to the conclusion that I was just going to be Daltons friend. In order to that I needed to tell him about Alex as soon as I could.