Chapter 19

Hi! So, I feel very proud of myself right now. I wrote my speech in 3 1/2 hours yesterday and my partner and I worked a lot on debate today. We're almost ready for this weekend. We have a few more things to do to our cases and I have to build a puzzle for my speech visual aid and memorize my speeches. Guys, I'm so nervous about the tournament this weekend! Wish me luck!!! I'm competing in three things total!

--------------------------------

I was in the process of curling my hair when I got a text from Grace. Taylor was over to help me get ready since Grace was busy with Max, now that they're an official couple. She grabbed her phone as she got the text too.

'Guess what I did because I'm the best best friend ever.' - Grace

'Actually,  I'm the best best friend.' - Taylor

'Puh-lease! Did you sign her up for open mix night at Caso's?' - Grace

'WHAT! GRACE! I LITERALLY JUST STARTED SINGING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE AGAIN!' - Emily

'IK! That's why it's perfect! You'll do great and you'll have the four of us for support.' - Grace

'Plus Dylan and possibly Ryder.' - Taylor

'UGH! Fine, whatever. Now stop texting me so I can get ready! Go hang out with lover boy.' - Emily

';)' - Grace

"Ewe, that's gross." Taylor said before putting her phone down. She immediately started braiding a part of my hair. I put my dress on before sitting down for Taylor to do my makeup.

~~~

Jason's POV

I start grabbing every baby photo of me and hide them in my room. She doesn't need to see those yet. I go to grab the last one when my mom calls my name. "Jason, what are you doing?"

I turn to see her with her hands are her hips. "Nothing. Just admiring the pictures." She raises her eyebrow at me. "You know what I'm doing." I said before grabbing the last picture. She rolled her eyes and went back in the kitchen.

I look at my phone and read a text from Grace.

'Ems is singing at Caso's tomorrow for open mix night. Be there.' - Grace

Hmm, I thought for a second. 'Sign me up for ONE song. Just one!' - Jason

'Okay, okay. Jeez.' - Grace

'Done!' - Grace

'Thanks, gtg.' - Jason

"Jason! You might want to get ready, she'll be coming not long from now." My mom told me from the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am!"

I went to my closet grabbing a pair of nice dark jeans and a white T-shirt. I put on my black high tops and went to my bathroom. I styled my hair and brushed my teeth for maybe the fifth time tonight. Yeah, I'm that nervous.

I go back to my room and grab my phone when the doorbell rings. I freeze and look in the mirror. You got this. I walk out of my room and to the front. "I got it!"

"Too late!" My mom sings from by the door. My mouth drops a little when I see Emily. She looks beautiful, as always. The dress she's wearing shows off her legs perfectly and I smirk as memories from a week ago come to my mind. I looked up at her face again and notice her blushing a little.

I walk over to her and grab her hand. "Come on, I wanna show you something before dinner." I say as I lead her to the back porch. As soon as we're outside, I spin her towards me and crash my lips into hers. She lets out a small moan and kisses me back right away. We kiss for a few minutes before pulling away. "You look beautiful." I whisper to her.