Chapter 2

Picture is of Taylor's car. I see it as a colorful buggy because she is an artist (which you will hear more about in the future.) but feel free to see it as you want. :)

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Emmett's team won their game and now they play tonight at 8. It was 6 now and we are eating at the park. We just finished watching Taylor's cousin playing his game. Her cousin lost so they don't play again until tomorrow. I'm eating one of the best things ever created...a ballpark cheeseburger. You cannot go to a baseball game and not eat one of these things. It's like impossible!

As we're eating, I see Jason and his teammates leaving a dugout. I decide to see if they won or not so I start walking over to them. Max sees me looking and nods his head. He is about to say something when Jason trips. His teammates bust out in laughter as he tries to get up. They stop laughing when they see me going to help him up.

Grabbing my hand, he mumbled a "Thanks." I guess he is embarrassed because he keeps his head down while walking away. I wonder if he realized it was me...

"Your Welcome and Jason, maybe watch where you're going next time." I giggled. I, Emily, giggled. I NEVER giggle. EVER. What are you doing to me Jason?

He looks up shocked, his mouth forming an 'O', "Emily? You saw that?" he asked while blushing.

His teammates are still there, I'm guessing, wondering who I am. I hear Max start laughing behind me and so I turn around and smile at him. "Aren't you supposed to be his best friend?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because if my best friend knew that I was going to fall and they didn't warn me, I would probably kill them." I said with a straight face.

"Whoa...You know you can be scary when you want to be."

"I know." I replied before turning back to Jason, "So I came over here to ask how you're game went. Did you win?"

He smiled. God that smile. "We did." Then frowned, "Wait, Max you knew I was going to trip?" He asked confusion clear on his face while Max grinned sheepishly. "Forget you."

Before I even know what I was saying, I said, "Maybe I can watch one of your games sometimes?" I guess that was a good topic change.

He seemed stunned for a minute and then recovered, letting a smile take over his face. "I'd like that. You could be my 'Good Luck' charm," he said making me blush.

"Yeah, well I have to get back to Emmett...and Taylor...and Grace...I guess I'll see you later?"

"Definitely," He replied.

With one last smile I walked away.

**An Hour Later**

It started pouring down rain about ten minutes ago. I can't find anyone. Taylor is gone. Grace is gone. Emmett is somewhere with his team. I'm stuck at the table waiting for people to return.

In the corner of my eye, I see movement. I turn and see Jason waving at me. I waved at him and smiled. He winked at me in return. I blushed, of course.

We sit there staring at each other for what feels like forever, until Taylor's voice brings me out of my thoughts. "Em, Grace is still in the bathroom? Jeez, you know she is probably reading one of those cheesy romance movies on her phone. I'll go get her." She left before I could reply. Then there was one...again.

**8 o'clock**

All the games have been cancelled and now we are about to go home. Grace went with Taylor to get the car. Me and Emmett are waiting for them to call us.

"Hey, I thought you left already." I smile at the familiar voice.

"Hey, nope, Taylor went go get the car. What's up?"

Jason rubbed the back of his neck nervously before asking, "I was wondering if I could, maybe, have your number? Since we're friends now."

I try to contain my excitement but smile anyway, "Sure."

We exchanged numbers. Jason was about to say something else when Emmett interrupted him. "Who are you?"

"My name's Jason, I'm a friend of your sisters. Your Emmett, right" The 9 year old boy smiled and nodded. "Do you like baseball?" asked Jason with a smile of his own.

"More then words can describe." Emmett replied. Jason glanced at me and I blushed at the memory of what Jason said.

"Maybe I can show you some stuff sometime, yeah?"

"Thanks!"

Taylor just texted me that we need to make a run for her car in the front. Grabbing Emmett's hand, I say, "We have to go but thanks, Jason." I smile and we say our goodbyes.

We get to the car barely wet. "What took y'all so long?"

I said "Nothing" at the same time Emmett said "Em introduced me to  guy named Jason. He is really cool!" Taylor and Grace exchange looks. That means we're talking about this later.

**1:42 a.m.**

"I'm going to bed and y'all are leaving. I can't believe we watched so much Doctor Who." I said looking at my two best friends.

"WAIT!" Grace exclaimed but Taylor muffled it by shoving a pillow in her face.

"Shut up. Lil E is asleep." Taylor said removing the pillow.

"Sorry, but what did E mean when he said you introduce him to Jason?" A look of 'Oh yeah' came across Taylor's face.

"Nothing. We were waiting for you and Jason came up and we talked. He asked for my number which I gave to him and then him and Emmett talked about baseball. Nothing out of the ordinary." I rushed out while shoving them towards the door.

"You gave Jason your numb-" was the last thing I hear before slamming the door shut. It was to late to slow the door down when I realized that Emmett was still asleep. 'Oops' I thought.

I climbed upstairs to my room. I changed into pajamas and climbed into bed. I wanted nothing but to do but sleep. I have work tomorrow at 2 and it's going to be busy. I need all the sleep I can get. Glancing at my phone, which was left up here for our Doctor Who marathon, I saw that I had 6 unread messages.

3 from Grace, 2 from Taylor, and 1 from Unknown Number.

Grace's text read:

YOU GAVE JASON YOUR NUMBER?!?!?!

YOU LIKE HIM, DON'T YOU?!

FINE, GOODNIGHT! WE'LL TALK TOMORROW.

Taylor had said that she would call me tomorrow and goodnight.

I smiled when I read the text from the unknown number, It said,

Goodnight Emily. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. ;) P.S. This is Jason.

Plugging my phone in, I sighed. I wonder if he likes me or not...Jason was all I could think about again. I finally fell asleep still thinking of Jason.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

I updated two days in a row! Hopefully I can keep updating everyday. Just know that I'm really busy and can't always get on Wattpad.

Teaser: New character shows up and something big happens at Emily's job. What is it? Read and Find out.

Comment, Vote, and Share.

Thanks,

CD