∆18∆

Best friend goals? ^^^

Random update bcuz I feel good?

Sure

✖✖✖

After fixing a proper bed for Peter and his newborns to sleep in, Bruce went on a search for Tony. He passed through the living room of horrific memories on the way out the back door. He tried to ignore the corpse under the white sheet that caused Tony's panic attack.

He eventually found Tony. He was exactly where Bruce thought he'd be. It was a bit far from the cabin, a place hidden away in the woods. Nothing spectacular, just a small creek with constant rushing water. It was quite peaceful.

"I knew you'd be here," Bruce spoke now, leaning against a tree. Tony looked up from his lap and back from his criss cross position by the water.

"We have to bury him, don't we?" Tony's voice was small, like a child.

Bruce sighed, sitting on the grassy patch next to his friend. "Eventually, yeah."

"You know that should've been me, right? I should've died."

"It shouldn't have been anybody," Bruce responded.

"What am I gonna do?" Tony asked, pushing his hands onto his face, "I feel so helpless."

"Because you no longer have Steve?"

"No, because I couldn't protect Steve. Darkness took him away from me like it was nothing."

"Well, Steve was something. He was something to you," Bruce pointed out, looking over at Tony now. Tony also gazed up from where his eyes were fixed on the nature in front of them.

"He was my everything."

Bruce nodded and they returned to silence. The small stream was running over each rock and pebble carefully, like a mini waterfall. The birds weren't chirping as if they knew to give the two men some peace and quiet to think.

The only thing was could be heard besides the tiny splish splashes of water flowing was the wind. It served as a clock, counting the seconds between gust as it blew periodically.

"Peter wants to go to the Cimmerian," Bruce spoke suddenly. Tony's head shot up as he looked at his friend with wide eyes.

"What? What did you tell him? He can't go there-"

"I know, I know. I told him that was a one way trip that his body couldn't handle right now even if he wanted to."

Tony seemed to visibly calm down, letting out a short breath. "So, are you figuring out a way to get him there and back safely?"

"I-"

"Save it, Bruce. I know you and I know my son. You're overly compelled to help people and no one can turn Peter down. It's fine if you want to help him," Tony shrugged.

"Okay, I will-"

"However," Tony cut him off again, "I refuse to let my son go to the Cimmerian alone. So, if you do find a way to make this happen-"

"Make sure you can go with him?"

"Oh, look at you," Tony joked, "I knew there was a reason people call you a genius."

"Gee, thanks, Tony," Bruce replied sarcastically. Tony just gave him a crooked smile and stood up.

The brunette patted Bruce's shoulder before retorting, "Still not smarter than me though."

✖✖

Tony knocked twice on the bedroom door before pushing it open.

"Peter?" Tony whispered into the quiet room.

Peter was sitting up against the headboard as he looked up at his Dad. He had one of the twins in his arms with the other one laying beside him on a pillow, fast asleep.

"He doesn't want to fall asleep," Peter whispered, rocking the baby boy in his arms.

"That's how you were," Tony smiled softly and made his way to the bed, "You never wanted to go to sleep."

Peter smiled softly as Tony seated himself on the edge of the bed.

"Here, let me," Tony said quietly with outstretched arms. Peter carefully handed the half sleep baby to his Dad.

Tony smiled and held the newborn up to his chest so his little head rested on his shoulder and nuzzled into his neck softly. Tony bounced the baby gently and even hummed softly.

Peter watched with a small smile, feeling his own eyelids getting heavy to the quiet melody . In no less than five minutes, the baby boy was out like a light.

"Works every time," Tony spoke softly. He cradled the baby's head as he set him down gently beside his twin sister. Peter smiled gratefully.

"I love you, Dad," Peter sighed contently. This caused Tony to smile at his son.

"I love you too, kiddo. We're going to get through this, okay? Bruce told me you wanted to go to the Cimmerian but-"

"It might be my only chance to get Wade back," Peter was already begging.

Tony held a finger up as if to say 'let me finish my sentence'. Peter bit his lip nervously. Tony just sighed before continuing.

"But, if Bruce finds a way to get there and back safely, I'll go with you."

Peter's eyes widened, "R-Really? I thought you would tell me not to go."

"Peter," Tony spoke seriously, "There comes a time when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with."

He paused, blinking a few times.

"I just found out what it was like to lose that person for good," Tony sniffed. Peter had silent tears for his Pops running down his face as he leaned over and hugged his dad tightly.

"I never want you to have to go through that," Tony finished, squeezing his son to him. "We're going to find him."

✖✖✖

Don't get too happy.

Lol I'm great, ik.

ILY