∆12∆

Brace yourself. Don't go crazy yet.

Song: Isle of flightless birds by Twenty Øne Pilots

✖✖✖

Peter still can't believe it. He's shocked and scared shitless. Both him and Wade are in his room now, packing an outfit for wherever they're going.

Well, Peter's packing. Wade is just sitting on his bed watching his-- what are they? Boyfriends? Friends? Just a baby daddy?

"You can quit staring like that. It's freaking me out," Peter whispers in the quiet room.

There was obvious tension as Peter shakily paced around his room. His school stuff had been dumped out of his bookbag in replacement for an extra large sweater, some sweatpants, and his toothbrush.

"Are you okay?" Wade asked in reply.

"No," Peter answered honestly. He had been pacing the room before sighing and taking a seat on the bed next to Wade.

"I take it you didn't know."

"Of course not."

They were quiet after that. They both stared at the wall that held the door and several old band posters.

"That...thing- whatever it was-," Wade looks at Peter, "It's not taking my baby girl."

Peter looked Wade in the eyes. Wade could see the unshed tears pool in the younger boys eyes, but Peter still looked strong.

Peter nodded in agreement.

"Have you two packed?" Tony said when he pokes his head into the room. Peter nearly jumped at the sound of his dad's voice.

"I did. Wade doesn't have clothes," Peter informed monotonously.

"Give him some of the clothes that are too big for you or raid your Pops' closet. We leave in ten."

With that, Tony left. Peter looked over at Wade, who still hadn't said another word. They knew that they didn't have all day so Peter got up in search for clothes Wade could wear to wherever they were going.

✖✖

"This is the place?" Wade couldn't help but grimace. They had finally arrived at an old, small cabin.

"Doesn't matter at this point," Peter groaned, "My feet are killing me."

They were in the the country somewhere, but a bus could only take them so far. They had to weave their way through several rows of trees to actually get to the location.

"Yeah, well these people don't really like to be bothered," Tony grumbled, walking up the creaky, wooden porch steps.

Steve was right behind him on the second step while Peter and Wade stood behind.

"Wait, 'people'? Like, more than one person?" Wade whispered as if the people inside could hear him.

"Wade, will you just shut up and wait?" Tony whispered harshly before knocking on the door twice.

"Who is it?" The man on the other side of the door asked after a while.

"It's me. Thought you'd like to meet the family," Tony replied.

Peter looked over at Wade who just shrugged. The door opened and Peter's heart sped up as he gripped Wade's hand on impulse. Wade didn't mind as he pulled the smaller boy closer.

The young couple followed Steve and Tony into the cabin. They were led down a few hallways before they were finally brought into a room that looked like a modified kitchen.