Chapter 12

~~Timeskip to when they got to Hollywood~~
3rd POV
Thunderheads swirled above the Hollywood sign. The young demigods were listening to the radio on how the storm have covered most of North America. The car stopped and the 3 demigods and satyr started running towards the Hollywood sign,to find the entrance of the Underworld. Something on one of the letters caught Percy's eye. Ancient Greek writing.

P:Hey guys look at this.

Thanks to their dyslexia they could understand the writing.

(Y/N):Woe to all depraved souls.

Percy gave (Y/N) a confused look while (Y/N) stared past the sign. The others followed her gaze where the earth crumbles away to make a door side entrance. Percy bravely went first,then (Y/N),then Annabeth,then finally Grover who was chewing nervously on his jacket.
~
Once they were inside the entrance was blocked by some falling rocks,sealing them inside. There were a row of candles leading to a dark river.

G:Well, I guess there ain't no turning back now.
P:Yep looks like we're stuck in here.

(Y/N) looked at the wall that was covered by human skulls. This made (Y/N) a little uncomfortable. Annabeth grabbed (Y/N)'s shoulder tightly. The daughter of Apollo was confused at Annabeth's action until she looked where Annabeth was looking. A huge spider that was spinning a huge web but it stopped when it saw the daughter of Athena. (Y/N) walked a little faster until she stopped by the river. Near the banks of the dark river was a boat with a hooded person.

G:Hey Annabeth,who's the creepy guy with the hoodie?A:That's Charon

A:That's Charon. He carries the souls across the river but only when you pay him.

They walked up to Charon,Percy pulled out Riptide just in case. Charon finally looked at them.

Charon:Who are you?
P:We need to see Hades.
Charon:The living are not permitted here. Die and come back.
G:Ok,we won't die and come back,but...

Grover then took out some money from his pocket and gave it to the ferryman. Charon looked at the money before burning it into ashes. Grover gasped in disbelief.

G:That was $170!

Grover turns to Annabeth.

G:You said he give us a ride if we pay him.
A:With drachmas Grover!Why would Charon need mortal money?
G:Well he could use it redecorate this place. I mean it's to depressing in here.
(Y/N):It's the Underworld Grover. It's supposed to be depressing.

Percy grabbed the drachmas from his pocket and gave it to Charon. Charon took the golden drachmas.

Charon:Climb aboard.
G:Yeah after you burn my money. We're in recession. That's treason.
P:Just shut up Grover.