Chapter 6

Previously-
Medusa:Well,this is a fabulous surprise...
~~~~~~~Now~~~~~~
(Y/N)'s POV
Medusa:It's so heartening to have such young visitors. We get so lonely here...don't we?

I heard hissing and I knew they were snakes. Medusa walked up to an old man statue.

Medusa:That's why I create my statues. They're my only company...daughter of Athena.
A:How do you know me?
Medusa:You have such lovely hair.

She started to walk up to us. The lady tightly grabbed my wrist.

Medusa:And so do you...daughter of Apollo. I use to have hair like yours until...

She then turned to Annabeth and grabbed her by her hair.

Medusa:...your mother cursed me...

Medusa took off her hood.

A:Don't look!

We closed our eyes quickly.

Medusa:...into this!

I heard the snakes from her head hiss/snap.

Medusa:They say the eyes are windows to the soul. I hope you find my eyes attractive...So rude,not looking people in the eyes...Come on...Sneak a peek.

I still had my eyes closed and I was hoping that Annabeth was too. I heard the lady gasped,the snakes hissed louder,then stone crackling,and then the lady turned to stone. Her stone hand was still wrapped around my wrist.

Percy's POV
We finally found them but Medusa was with them. We hid behind some statues.

G:How are we supposed to fight something we can't even look at?
Me:We can look at a reflection.

I took out my iPod and focused it so I could see them.

G:Good idea. I'm gonna go get the girls.
Me:Ok,I'm gonna take care of Medusa.

Grover nodded and quickly went the other way. I looked back at the scene. Medusa walked up to a statue of a lady.

(Y/N)'s POV
Medusa:You'll make a wonderful addition to my collection. We'll be friends forever.

I felt her come up to me,her snakes were hissing/snapping louder at me.

Medusa: I know that every child of Apollo are afraid of snakes...so I wanted mine to say hello to you.

I felt those disgusting slimy things slithered on my face,making me breath really hard.

Medusa:Sooner or later you will open those eyes. Unless you want my babies to play with you longer.

P:Don't look,(Y/N)! Don't open your eyes!

'Percy!? Oh thank the gods!'

Medusa:Who's that? Another demigod?

She left us,trying to find Percy.

A:She's gone. You can open your eyes now.

I opened my eyes. I sighed in relief.

A:Are you ok? I mean snakes are your biggest phobia.
Me:Y-yeah I'm fine. Now how are we gonna get out of her? We're still stuck with this lady.
A:I guess find something so we can break free.
Me:I hope Percy knows what's he's doing.

Percy's POV
I quickly ran when I had Medusa's attention. I checked in my phone if she was still behind me. Yep. I quickly hid behind a statue.

Medusa:Mmm...son of Poseidon. I used to date your daddy.

Then I heard a bunch of statues crashing into each other. The statue that I was hiding behind was now crushed over me.

(Y/N)'s POV
We were still struggling to get free from the lady statue's hold until we heard something coming our way. Fearing it was Medusa coming back,we closed our eyes.

G:Hey need a hand?

We opened our eyes,glad to see our satyr friend.

A:Oh Grover.

He used his crutches to get us out.

Me:Thanks.
G:Come on let's go.
A:Ok.

We quickly left to find a way to defeat Medusa.

Percy's POV
I tried to get my sword but then Medusa kicked it away. She then grabbed me from under the statue. I closed my eyes,knowing I could be turned into stone.

Medusa:I hear you have the lightning bolt. May I see it?
Me: I don't have it.

Her snakes snapped at me.

Medusa:Let me see your eyes. I hear they're bluer than the Circassian Sea. Open them or my hungry babies will have to open them for you.

Her snakes crawled on my face but I kept my eyes closed.

Medusa:But it would be such a pity to destroy such a young and handsome face. Stay with me,Percy. All you have to do is look.

Her voice was so tempting that I just wanted to open my eyes right then. Until I heard a truck coming our way and ran into a statue making Medusa and I fall back.

(Y/N)'s POV
I sat up,my hands were still on the steering wheel. My eyes were still closed.

Me:Is everyone ok?
A:Yeah.
Me:Grover?
G:Whoo! Yeah I'm ok!

Percy's POV

I quickly hid behind a tree. Medusa's back was facing towards me.

Medusa:Son of Poseidon! Where are you!?

She got up and found my iPod. She looked at it and I took my chance to sneak up on her. I then slashed her head off,she gasped in surprised. Her head fell to the ground along with the rest of her body.

Me:Hey guys! It's cool to open up your eyes!

They got off the truck.

G:(Y/N) that was great,great demigod driving.
A: I agree.
(Y/N):Thanks.

She looked at me with eyes filled with concern.

(Y/N):Are you ok?
Me:Yeah.

We looked at the head. Grover exclaimed in disgust.

A:We should take it with us.
G:The head? Oh no. That's sick.
A:If you open the eyes,they still work,dead or alive. You never know when something like that might come in handy.
G:Yeah your right.
(Y/N):As long as it goes in the back.
Grover took off his hoodie and wrapped the head with it. I looked at the headless body and saw that she had 2 bluish pearls on her bracelets.

Me:Guys look.
A:The pearls.
(Y/N):Great. 2 down 2 more to go.

We all got on the old truck to our next destination:The Parthenon in Nashville.