11. Floors

I swiftly turned around and stared into a green-blue sea. Black hair that was undercut and was normally styled messily with gel in a side swept way, was falling over like a waterfall around ocean eyes. He was shirtless and in sweatpants, with bare feet. "Ace...?" I gulped.

I looked over him, he had the same body as Warren but he was a bit leaner.

He looked off some how. I've only seen him twice and even then he looked in control of himself, tough. Eyes like rocks and a set jaw. Right now he looked... Different. The churning sea that made up his eyes was calm, soft. He looked relaxed.

"Beautiful..." He muttered again. Taking a step toward me. I took a step back and pressed against the cold metal of the railing, gripping it with my hands. "Ace" I said tentatively, "what are you doing in here?" He stared at me, eyes half open and mumbled, "beautiful..." Taking a few more steps toward me until he was a foot away. Then he reached out and touched my face. I stared at him, I could smell the alcohol on his skin. "You're drunk." I stated.

A breeze blew against my bare legs, causing me to shiver and I said "Ace lets go inside." He looked at me and inhaled sharply. His eyes grew to the size of saucers. "I'm sorry" he whimpered. "What?" I asked, confused.

He sniffed and began to cry "I'm s-so sorry, nobody was s-suppose to get s-shot." He dropped to his knees and cried onto his hands. "D-Delilah h-hates me now, a-and some of m-my teammates c-can't even l-look at m-me. My g-gun wasn't e-even suppose to b-be loaded!" He started to bawl.

I reached out and placed a hand on his head and said bluntly "Ace it's over now... It's been over. What's done is done and there is nothing we can do about it." He cried harder. He struggled to stand up, so I hooked my hands under his armpits and pulled him to his feet. Then he wrapped his arms around me and wailed.

I stood there for a second, momentarily shocked. Should I comfort him for killing my friend?

I began a mental conflict with myself:

He didn't mean to.

But he killed him.

It was an accident.

But Rat is dead because of him.

He didn't mean to.

Yeah if he didn't kill Rat he would have shot and killed you.

He didn't mean to! He was only suppose to scare me so I'd stop running! It's my fault Rat is dead! RAT WOULD STILL BE ALIVE IF I THOUGHT RATIONALLY! IF ONLY I STAYED WHERE I WAS PUT THEN NONE OF THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

MY FAULT MY FAULT MY FAULT!
----

I wrapped my arms around Ace, holding back my own tears.

I felt the back of my shirt began to ball up in his fists. Ace wept for a while, burying his face into the crook of my neck, while silent tears slid down my face and fell onto his shoulder.

Suddenly Ace began to feel heavy, then we both slowly fell to our knees. I heard him go from a full on wail to small sniffles here and there. I then heard a shuddering sigh and Ace mumbled/slurred "I need to get back to my room." So I released him from my hold.

He moved his head and looked into my eyes. The green-blue ocean that was his eyes became dull and puffy, his face was blotchy and his nose was red. I'm sure I didn't look any better.

Ace whispered "thank you" before standing up and helping me to my feet.

"What a show" a voice said from inside.