10. Tables

Warren looks at the clock then at Griffin and asks "dude why are you even in my room at 2 in the morning?"

Griffin cracks a boyish grin and says "Well I heard yelled so I came to make sure you weren't being murdered." Warren smiles and says "well thanks dude but I'm fine."

Griffin tilts his head and looks at me. "Why are you in here anyway?" He asks. I look at him, open my mouth then close it. Warren asks "is it any of your business Griffin?" To which Griffin turns his head toward Warren and replies "well no but yes. I am your second in command and the best friend," he looks at me, "so I think I have a right to know."

Warren sighs, gets up and heads toward Griffin then says "come on dude, I'll give you a run down of today since you were out." Griffin turns his piercing gaze off me and grins at at Warren then walks out.

Warren looks at me, and gives me a half smile. I raise an eyebrow then look away. I hear him sigh and shut the door.

I sit on the edge of the bed for a while, listening to their muffled voices echo through the hall. One laughs while the other shushes him. Then their voice fade away as they continue walking.

I stand up and head toward the window. I move one of the curtains and unlock the door then grab the handle of the balcony door and open it, stepping out into the cool breeze and moonlight.

The balcony overlooked a huge flower garden, moonlight bounced off leaves and flowers, a gazebo in the middle of all of it.

I stare in awe at it. The breeze moves the flowers, making them dance. It pushes my hair back and out of my face. I grab the railings and lean forward, looking at the vast flower garden.

"Beautiful..." I hear someone say. I turn my head and blue-green eyes stared into my gray ones.